Finnigan is a baby boy’s name of Irish origin meaning “fair, white”. Finnigan is the Anglicized version of Fionnagán and a variant spelling of Finnegan most common as a surname. Finnigan is a charming, unusual name that deserves a second look from any parent looking for a Celtic baby name.
Meaning of the name Finnigan:
Irish: fair, white
Origin of the name Finnigan:
Finnigan is a baby boy’s name of Irish origin that means “fair, white”. Finnigan is a variant spelling of Finnegan and the Anglicized version of the Irish name Fionnagán. Fionnagán is a diminutive of the name Fionn.
Symbolism of the name Finnigan:
Finnigan is the Anglicized diminutive of the name Fionn. Fionn mac Cumhail was a legendary Irish mythological hero that fought against giants that were threatening his people.
Style of the name Finnigan:
Gender of the name Finnigan:
Finnigan is a boy's baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Finnigan:
Number of syllables in the name Finnigan:
Emotion evoked from the name Finnigan:
Finnigan evokes feelings of good humor and charm.
Alternative spellings for the name Finnigan:
Finnigan, Finnagen, Finnigen
Nicknames for the name Finnigan:
Popularity of the name Finnigan:
According to the Social Security Administration, Finnigan is an uncommon baby boy’s name. Finnigan has never appeared in the top 1000 baby names list.
Related names for the name Finnigan:
Great middle names for the name Finnigan and their meanings:
- Hugo (intellect)
- Owen (young warrior, well-born)
- Asher (fortunate, blessed, happy one, ash tree)
- Callum (dove)
- Leo (lion)
- Rory (red king)
- Everett (brave as a wild boar)
- Jack (God is gracious)
Famous people with the name Finnigan:
- Frank Finnigan (Canadian ice hockey player)
- Finnigan Klann (American actor)
- Annette Finnigan (American suffragette and philanthropist)
- Robert E. Finnigan (American scientist)
- Finnigan Holden McCormack (son of actor Eric McCormack and Janet Holden)
Finnigan in popular culture:
- Seamus Finnigan (media, “Harry Potter” series)
- Finnigan Sinister (comic, “Sinister Dexter” in series 2000AD)
- Finnigan (literature, “Surrender” by Sonya Hartman)
- Finnigan Fox (video game, “Finnigan Fox”)
- Finnigan (video games, “Divinity” series)