Lexie is a fun, energetic girl’s baby name related to names like Alexis and Alexandra. Less popular than the alternate spelling “Lexi”, it has still ranked in the top 1000 baby names for more than 20 years.
Meaning of the name Lexie:
Greek: defender of men
Origin of the name Lexie:
Lexie is a feminine diminutive of the Greek name Alexander. It is a nickname for Alexandra or Alexis.
Symbolism of the name Lexie:
Lexie means “defender of men” and is often symbolized with the sword and shield. The sword and shield equips a person to fight for what they believe in and what is most important to them.
Style of the name Lexie:
Gender of the name Lexie:
Lexie is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Lexie:
Number of syllables in the name Lexie:
Emotion evoked from the name Lexie:
Lexie evokes feelings of youthful enthusiasm.
Alternative spellings for the name Lexie:
Lexi, Leksi, Lexy
Nicknames for the name Lexie:
Popularity of the name Lexie:
According to the Social Security Administration, Lexie is a girl’s name that was at peak popularity in 2010 when it hit #467. Lexie is less common than the variant spelling Lexi which has recently been growing in popularity.
Related names for the name Lexie:
Great middle names for the name Lexie and their meanings:
- Cassandra (shining men)
- Artemis (goddess of the moon and the hunt)
- Madelyn (high tower)
- Jade (stone of the side)
- Belle (beautiful)
- Eden (place of pleasure)
- Harlow (rock hill)
- Mila (gracious)
- Olivia (olive)
- Esme (beloved)
Famous people with the name Lexie:
- Lexie Dean Robertson (American poet)
- Lexie Bigham (American actor)
- Lexie Contursi (American actress)
- Lexie Fyfe (American professional wrestler)
Lexies in popular culture:
- Lexie Carver (television, “Days of Our Lives”)
- Lexie MacDonald (television, “Monarch of the Glen”)
- Lexie Grey (television, “Grey's Anatomy”)
- Lexie(literature, “The Hand that First Held Mine” by Maggie O'Farrell)