Lisette is a baby girl’s name of French origin that means “pledged to God”. Lisette is a diminutive of the name Elisabeth that became popular as a given name in the US in the mid-1960s. Lisette is a classy, sophisticated name with a European flair.
Meaning of the name Lisette:
French: pledged to God
Origin of the name Lisette:
Lisette is a baby girl’s name of French origin that means “pledged to God”. Lisette is the French diminutive of the English name Elizabeth.
Symbolism of the name Lisette:
Lisette means “pledged to God” and derives from the name Elizabeth. Elizabeth is a royal name. It was not only the name of the two best-known English queens, but also the name of many queens, empresses, and princesses across Europe.
Style of the name Lisette:
Gender of the name Lisette:
Lisette is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Lisette:
Number of syllables in the name Lisette:
Emotion evoked from the name Lisette:
Lisette evokes feelings of grace and beauty.
Alternative spellings for the name Lisette:
Lysette, Lizette, Lisete
Nicknames for the name Lisette:
Popularity of the name Lisette:
According to the Social Security Administration, Lisette is a popular baby girl’s name. Lisette was in the top 1000 baby names for most years between 1966 and 2001. It peaked at #616 in 1999.
Related names for the name Lisette:
Great middle names for the name Lisette and their meanings:
- Celeste (heavenly)
- Ophelia (help)
- Wren (little bird)
- Estelle (star)
- Milena (love, warmth, grace)
- Leora (light)
- Ellery (descendant of Hilary)
- Briar (a thorny patch)
Famous people with the name Lisette:
- Lisette Oropesa (American operatic soprano)
- Lisette Garcia Morelos (Mexican actress and singer)
- Lisette Verea (Romanian singer and actress)
- Lisette Pia Hee Young Pagler (Swedish singer and actress)
- Lisette Melendez (American singer)
Lisette in popular culture:
- Lisette (French magazine for girls)
- Lisette (literature, “Bewitching” by Alex Flinn)
- Lisette de Lise (literature, “Bloody Jack” series by L. A. Meyer)
- Lisette (literature, “The School for Husbands” by Moliere)
- Lisette (video games, “Skyrim”)