Malina is an international-sounding name for girls. Believe it or not, Malina comes from the more stoic and old-fashioned Malcolm. In 2021, the feminine version was number 3,500 for girls.
Meaning of the name Malina:
Scottish: devotee of Saint Columba, disciple of Saint Columba
Origin of the name Malina:
The baby name Malina comes from two different cultures. In Slavic countries in eastern Europe, it is the same as the word for “raspberry.” In Scotland, it is the feminine form of Malcolm. Malcolm is the anglicized form of Mael Coluim. It became popular throughout Europe because of four Scottish kings with the name.
Symbolism of the name Malina:
The baby name Malina translates to “raspberry” in Slavic countries. It is the same as the word used for the fruit. In Scotland, it translates directly to “disciple of Saint Columba” or “devotee of Saint Columba.” It is the feminine form of Malcolm, which comes from the phrase “Mael Coluim,” giving it the two definitions.
Style of the name Malina:
Gender of the name Malina:
Malina is a refined name for girls.
Pronunciation of the name Malina:
Number of syllables in the name Malina:
Emotion evoked from the name Malina:
Malina feels natural and wholesome. It is a noble and kind-hearted baby name option.
Alternative spellings for the name Malina:
Nicknames for the name Malina:
Popularity of the name Malina:
Malina has no history as a top 1,000 baby name in America. As of 2021, Malina is a top 3,500 option. It is number 3,500 exactly!
Related names for the name Malina:
Great middle names for Malina and their meanings:
- Kate (pure, clear)
- Grace (God's grace)
- Claire (clear, light, bright)
- Pearl (precious, a smooth and round stone)
- June (young, born in June)
- Reese (ardent, fiery)
- Wren (small bird)
- Joy (joy, joyful, happiness)
Famous people with the name Malina:
- Malina Weissman (actress, “A Series of Unfortunate Events”)
- Malina Joshi (Miss Nepal from 2011)
- Malina Moye (guitarist, songwriter)
- Malina Stancheva (folk singer from Bulgaria)
Malinas in popular culture:
- Malina (character from “The Emperor's New School”)
- Malina (character from “Heroes: Reborn”)
- Malina (deity in Inuit mythology)
- Malina (main character in “Malina”)