Mattea is a lovely Italian baby name for girls. Although Mattea is a lesser-known variation in the English-speaking world, the name is a wonderful tribute to one of the most important ecclesiastical figures of the common era. In addition, the name has secured its place in global popular culture. Mattea is the titular protagonist of Mattea by George Sand, and Mattea the Cow is the beloved protagonist of the children's fable by Maryann Germain. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Mattea:
Hebrew, Italian: Gift of God
Origin of the name Mattea:
Mattea is the feminine variant of the name Matteo. This name is the Italian version of Matthew. The name ultimately derives from the Hebrew expression Mattīthyāh (meaning “gift of God”).
Symbolism of the name Mattea:
Mattea is the Italian feminine version of Matthew (meaning “gift of God”). According to the New Testament, Matthew was a tax collector who later became a disciple and wrote one of the synoptic gospels. Symbols of Matthew include the wrapped present and the sacrificial lamb.
Style of the name Mattea:
Gender of the name Mattea:
Mattea is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Mattea:
Number of syllables in the name Mattea:
Emotion evoked from the name Mattea:
The name Mattea evokes feelings of friendliness and favor.
Alternative spellings for the name Mattea:
Nicknames for the name Mattea:
Popularity of the name Mattea:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Mattea was the 4,634th most popular baby name for girls in 2020.
Related names for the name Mattea:
Great middle names for Mattea and their meanings:
- Alair (happy, cheerful)
- Arabelle (prayerful)
- Elspeth (pledged to God)
- Esme (beloved, esteemed, emerald)
- Fleur (flower)
- Genevieve (tribal woman, family, kin)
- Isolde (ice ruler, mighty queen)
- Jordan (descend, flow down)
- Juliet (youthful, downy, sky deity)
- Rosalind (beautiful rose)
- Sophie (wisdom)
- Zita (girl, happiness)
Famous people with the name Mattea:
- Mattea Alexander (public health activist)
- Mattea Angel Backus (daughter of actress Mira Sorvino)
- Mattea Marie Conforti (actress)
- Mattea Fleischner (entrepreneur)
- Mattea Gabarretta (actress)
- Mattea Ingemi (TikTok personality)
- Mattea Perrotta (artist)
- Mattea Quinn (actress)
- Mattea Stein (economist)
- Mattea Williams (composer)
Mattea in popular culture:
- Mattea (titular protagonist of Mattea by George Sand)
- Mattea the Cow (protagonist of the children's fable Mattea the Cow by Maryann Germain)
- Mattea Social Space (rustic lounge in Jakarta, Indonesia)