Maximillian is a magnificent baby name for boys. Reminiscent of the upper crust of society, this name has an extra consonant that gives it a hint of edge. Maximillian was the name of the robot from the Disney's The Black Hole, and Maximillian Arturo is the name of a main character on Sliders. Keep reading to learn more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Maximillian:
Latin: Greatest, largest
Origin of the name Maximillian:
Maximillian derives from the Latin word maximus (meaning “greatest”). During the 15th century, Holy Roman emperor Frederick III combined the names of the Roman generals Fabius Maximus and Cornelius Scipio Aemilianus to produce Maximilian. The alternative spelling Maximillian is a further elaboration of this name.
Symbolism of the name Maximillian:
Maximillian originates from the Latin word for “greatest.” Frederick III named his son Maximilian in 1493, thereby popularizing most variations of the name. According to Frederick III, the name is a tribute to military geniuses Fabius Maximus and Cornelius Aemilianus as well as the obscure Saint Maximilian of Tebessa. The symbol for Maximillian is the Roman shield.
Style of the name Maximillian:
Gender of the name Maximillian:
Maximillian is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Maximillian:
Number of syllables in the name Maximillian:
Emotion evoked from the name Maximillian:
The name Maximillian evokes feelings of striving and success.
Alternative spellings for the name Maximillian:
Nicknames for the name Maximillian:
Popularity of the name Maximillian:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Maximillian was the 993rd most popular baby name for boys in 2008. Maximillian is also an alternative spelling of the name Maximilian. The name Maximilian was the 491st most popular baby name for boys in 2020.
Related names for the name Maximillian:
Great middle names for Maximillian and their meanings:
- Ace (highest rank)
- Brant (sword, fire)
- Drew (defender of men)
- Ford (river crossing)
- Gus (great, magnificent, exalted, venerable)
- Hugo (fiery)
- Jake (supplanter, God will protect)
- Jude (praise)
- Nate (God has given)
- Phil (friend, dear, beloved)
- Slade (valley)
- Theodore (gift of God)
Famous people with the name Maximillian:
- Maximillian Alvarez (television personality)
- Maximillian Burgos (actor)
- Maximillian Cooper (television producer)
- Maximillian Alejandro Decker (actor)
- Maximillian De Beni (cinematographer)
- Maximillian Alberto “Max” George (singer)
- Maximillian Kolenda “Max” Pacioretty (ice hockey player)
- Maximillian Adolph Otto Siegfried Schmeling (boxer)
- Maximillian Weisner “Max” Starks IV (football player)
- Maximillion Drake “Max” Thieriot (actor)
Maximillian in popular culture:
- Maximillian (robot from the Disney's The Black Hole)
- Maximillian Arturo (main character on Sliders)
- Maximillian Bacchus (protagonist of The Adventures of Maximillian Bacchus by Clive Barker)