Meatless Mondays just got a lot tastier with this cheesy pasta dish. Chock full of great-tasting veggies and covered in a creamy alfredo sauce, this is a meal even the littlest picky eaters will love.
Rotini is our pasta of choice for this recipe because of how well it captures a sauce. The alfredo will get caught up in the openings of each noodle, ensuring that you get some sauce in every bite. If you don't want to use rotini, elbow pasta is another great choice.
If this dish isn't cheesy enough for you, add some Romano cheese in addition to the Parmesan. Romano and Parmesan are two of the most popular pasta cheeses out there. They blend very well together, as evidenced by your ability to find them combined in sprinkle cheese cans in the store.
This recipe is also super simple and easy to make. With only five steps, you'll have dinner on the table in no time at all. That will certainly be a relief to busy parents who just want to get dinner made so they can relax!
Rotini with Broccoli in Alfredo Sauce
1 (16 ounce) package dried rotini pasta
12 ounces broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
1 small red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
1 cup whipping cream
1 egg yolk
½ cup butter, melted
1½ cups finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli and sweet pepper for the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together cream and egg yolk, set aside.
3. Drain pasta and return to pan.
4. Add cream mixture, butter, and Parmesan cheese.
5. Cook and stir over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 servings.