Crock Pot Pork
CROCK POT PORK
3-5 lb. pork (may use smoked pork shoulder)
1 large onion, sliced
2 apples, peel & cut up in pieces
2 Tablespoons chutney or 1 cup dried fruit (mixed)
1 cup apple cider or apple juice
1/2 cup water
1 or 2 garlic cloves
1 bay leaf
salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook all ingredients together in crock pot 4 or 5 hours on high temperature.
2. Thicken gravy. Remove bay leaf. Slice meat and serve.
CROCK POT PORK BARBECUE
1 (5-7 lb.) fresh pork shoulder
1 Tablespoon salt
2 Tablespoons sugar
pepper to taste
1 1/4 cups vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoons crushed red pepper
Dash of hot sauce
1. Put pork in crock pot. Sprinkle salt and pepper over shoulder and add vinegar.
2. Cover and simmer 12 hours.
3. Remove from pot and pick meat from bones. Strain liquid and keep approximately 2 cups.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Mix with minced meat and return to crock pot.
4. Cook on low until juice is cooked down (or cook on a high setting for shorter time).
CROCK POT PORK AND GRAVY
4-5 pork shoulder chops
1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
10 oz. water
1. Trim pork chops of excess fat and cut into "stew size" pieces. Lightly brown and place in bottom of crock pot.
2. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pork. Cook 4-6 hours on low until tender.
3. Serve over rice or with mashed potatoes.
CROCK POT PORK BARBECUE
1 (3-4 lb.) pork loin roast
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
crushed red pepper flakes or ground red pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 cups white vinegar
12 to 16 hamburger buns
1. Trim fat from roast and place in 5 quart electric slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle roast with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Add sugar and vinegar.
3. Cook on low 12 to 14 hours.
3. When done, remove roast from cooker and place in a large skillet, reserving cooking juices.
4. Flake or shred roast, removing any fat. Mix meat, some of cooking juices and ketchup.
5. Simmer mixture over medium heat until juices evaporate. Serve on lightly toasted hamburger buns.
CROCK POT PORK CHOPS
4-6 pork chops
1 can chicken with rice soup
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Mix flour and garlic powder in plastic bag. Shake pork chops in bag until well coated.
2. Fry until light brown. Place pork chops in bottom of crock pot. Cover with can of soup.
3. Cook on high for 4 hours or simmer on low several hours.
CROCK POT PIZZA PORK CHOPS
6 pork loin chops, 1 inch thick (about 2 1/4 pounds)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion chopped (1/2 cup)
2 cups tomato pasta sauce
4 cups cooked orzo
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz.)
1. Remove excess fat from pork. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork in oil about 5 minutes, turning once, until brown.
3. Place pork in 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker.
4. Sprinkle onion over pork. Add pasta sauce.
5. Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until pork is very tender.
6. Place orzo on platter. Top with pork and sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
CROCK POT PORK CHOP DINNER #1
1 1/2 cups diced carrot
2 1/2 cups diced potato
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced parsnip
6 pork loin chops, trimmed of fat
1 teaspoon liquid gravy browner
10 oz. can Condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
1. Put carrot in 5 qt slow cooker. Layer potato, onion and parsnip over top.
2. Brush both sides of pork chops with gravy browner. Lay over parsnip. Stir soup with water together in bowl. Pour over all.
3. Cover. Cook on Low for 9 to10 hours or High for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
CROCK POT PORK CHOP DINNER #2
4 pork chops
red potatoes, quarted, no set amount
1 onion, sliced into rings
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place the pork chops on the bottom of crock pot. Season chops with salt and pepper.
2. Layer the potatoes on top and season. Last layer will be the onions. Pour the soup over all of this.
3. Cook in crockpot 6-8 hours on low
CROCK POT PORK CHOPS A LA ORANGE
3 pounds pork chops
2 cups orange juice
2 cans mandarin oranges drained, (11 oz.)
1 can pineapple tidbits drained, (8 oz.)
Salt and pepper
1. Salt and pepper pork chops and put in a crockpot; cover with orange juice.
2. Cook on high 3 to 4 hours or on low 6 to 8 hours.
3. About 30 minutes before serving add the oranges and pineapple just to warm. Serve with rice or noodles.
CROCK POT PORK CHOPS AND APPLE SLICES
4 pork loin chops (1" thick) well trimmed
2 medium apples peeled, cored and sliced
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
salt and pepper
1. In skillet, brown pork chops quickly; drain well.
2. Arrange a layer of sliced apples in crockpot, then a layer of pork chops; repeat. Dot with butter; sprinkle with nutmeg. Add salt and pepper.
3. Cover and cook on low setting 6 to 8 hours.
CROCK POT PORK HOCKS AND BLACK EYED PEAS
1 1/2 cups dry black-eyed peas
4 small smoked pork hocks (1 1/2 lb.)
4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 bay leaves
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 cups sliced okras or one 10 oz. pkg. frozen whole okra, thawed and cut into 1/2"slices
1. Rinse black-eyed peas; place in a large saucepan. Add enough water to cover peas by 2".
2. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
3. Drain and rinse peas. In a 3 1/2, 4-, or 5- quart crock pot combine the black-eyed peas, pork hocks, broth, sweet pepper, onion, celery, bay leaves, and red pepper.
4. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
5. Add okra. Cover; let stand for 10 minutes or until okra is tender.
6. Remove pork hocks. When cool enough to handle, cut meat off bones; cut meat into bite-size pieces. Discard bones and bay leaves.
7. To serve, stir meat into black-eyed pea mixture.