Aisha is a refined name for girls that comes from Arabic cultures. It is an imperative title in the Muslim religion, as Aisha was the third wife of Muhammad. In America, Aisha is popular no matter your religion. It is a top 600 option for girls.
Meaning of the name Aisha:
Arabic: living, alive
Origin of the name Aisha:
Aisha dates back to ancient Arabic and Muslim traditions. It was the title of the third wife of Muhammad, the founder of Islam. According to legend, Aisha went to war with Ali after the death of Muhammad. Her title became popular among Sunni Muslims, brought by the people group to America in the late twentieth century. IT rose in popularity in the 1970s because of Stevie Wonder's daughter.
Symbolism of the name Aisha:
The baby name Aisha has a simple meaning in Arabic culture. It directly translates to “living” or “alive” in English. Aisha was one of the mothers of the Islam religion, helping to bring it to life.
Style of the name Aisha:
Gender of the name Aisha:
Aisha is a refined baby name for girls.
Pronunciation of the name Aisha:
A-ee-shah or ie-EE-shuh
Number of syllables in the name Aisha:
Emotion evoked from the name Aisha:
Aisha feels refined and upper class. It also denotes some urban feelings.
Alternative spellings for the name Aisha:
Nicknames for the name Aisha:
Popularity of the name Aisha:
Aisha was first a top 1,000 baby name in America in 1973 at rank 669. It did best in 1977 at number 175. Aisha continues to be on the Social Security Popularity Index, and as of 2021, it is number 507 for girls.
Related names for the name Aisha:
Great middle names for Aisha and their meanings:
- Renee (reborn, born again)
- Penelope (weaver)
- Mae (goddess of the spring, to increase)
- June (young, youthful, born in June)
- Camille (helper to the priest)
- Simone (God has heard)
- Rose (rose, a flower)
- Elizabeth (my God is an oath)
Famous people with the name Aisha:
- Aisha Al Hussein (Princess of Jordan)
- Aisha Tyler (actress, “Whose Line Is It Anyway?”)
- Aisha Buhari (former first lady of Nigeria)
- Aisha Hinds (actress, “9-1-1”)
- Aisha (singer)
- Aisha (reggae singer)
- Aisha Kahlil (singer from Sweet Honey in the Rock)
- Aisha Dee (actress, “The Bold Type”)
Aishas in popular culture:
- Aisha Campbell (character from “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers”)
- Aisha (character from “Mobile Suit Gundam SEED”)
- Aisha Roberts (character from “EastEnders”)
- Aisha Kapoor (character from “Aisha”)
- Aisha (character from “Winx Club”)
- Aisha (character from “Rumble Roses” video games)
- Aisha Clan (character from “Outlaw Star”)
- Aisha Krishnam (character from “Sky Girls”)