Akeelah is a baby girl’s name of Arabic origin that means “wise, intelligent”. Akeelah is a variant spelling of Akilah made popular by the 2006 movie “Akeelah and the Bee”. Akeelah is a popular spelling of the name in both South Africa and the US.
Meaning of the name Akeelah:
Arabic: intelligent, wise
Origin of the name Akeelah:
Akeelah is a baby girl’s name of Arabic origin that means “intelligent, wise”. It is a variant spelling of Akilah popular in South Africa.
Symbolism of the name Akeelah:
Akeelah means “intelligent, wise”. Common symbols of wisdom include water, owls, the moon, horses, and bears.
Style of the name Akeelah:
Gender of the name Akeelah:
Akeelah is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Akeelah:
Number of syllables in the name Akeelah:
Emotion evoked from the name Akeelah:
Akeelah evokes feelings of intelligence and inner strength.
Alternative spellings for the name Akeelah:
Akilah, Akila, Akeela, Aqila
Nicknames for the name Akeelah:
Popularity of the name Akeelah:
According to the Social Security Administration, Akeelah is a popular baby girl’s name. Akeelah was in the top 1000 baby names list for one year in 2006 when it ranked #708.
Related names for the name Akeelah:
Great middle names for Akeelah and their meanings:
- Remi (oarsman)
- Miriam (drop of the sea, bitter, beloved)
- Faye (fairy)
- Zoe (life)
- Juno (queen of the heavens)
- Avery (ruler of the elves)
- Zara (blooming flower, God remembers)
- Lila (night, play)
- Talia (gentle dew from heaven, by the water)
- Lilith (ghost, night monster)
Famous people with the name Akeelah:
- Akeelah (Kenyan musician)
- Akeelah Blue (American basketball player)
- Akeelah Blu (American activist)
- Akeelah Bertram (British sculptor)
- Akeelah Bryan (American basketball player)
Akeelah in popular culture:
- Akeelah Anderson (film, “Akeelah and the Bee”)
- Akeelah (film, “Star Trek” series)
- Akeelah D'Sena (video games, “Starbase 118”)
- Akeelah Petrus-Jones (media, “Wings and Things”)
- Priestess Akeelah (video games, “Guild Wars 2”)