Amira is a girl’s name of Arabic and Hebrew origin that means “princess” or “treetop”. Amira is a beautiful name that has become a popular alternative to names like Amy and Aria; its popularity has rapidly risen since 1998.
Meaning and Origin of the Name Amira:
Amira is a girl’s name of Hebrew and Arabic origin. In Hebrew, Amira means “treetop”. In Arabic, Amira means “princess, leader”. Amira is the feminine form of the name Amir.
Symbolism of the Name Amira:
Trees are a sacred symbol of life to many cultures including the Jewish people. Trees often hold significance in religious and cultural traditions stretching back centuries.
Nicknames for the Name Amira:
Amira can easily be shortened to just Ami. If you want other nicknames to consider, we've compiled a great list here for you to look at:
Style of the Name Amira:
Gender of the Name Amira:
Amira is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the Name Amira:
Number of Syllables in the Name Amira:
Emotion Evoked From the Name Amira:
Amira evokes feelings of refinement and charm.
Alternative Spellings for the Name Amira:
Emira, Amirah, Amyra, Ameera
Popularity of the Name Amira:
According to the Social Security Administration, Amira is a girl’s baby name that has been rising in popularity since first appearing in the top 1000 in 1998. As of 2022 Amira is #209.
Related Names for the Name Amira:
Great Middle Names for the Name Amira and Their Meanings:
- Faye (fairy)
- Everly (wild boar in woodland clearing)
- Harper (harp player)
- Shiloh (tranquil)
- Sylvie (from the woods)
- Maren (sea)
- Indigo (Indian dye)
- Gwen (white circle)
- Fallon (leader)
Famous People with the Name Amira:
- Amira Ahmed (Somali-Filipino model)
- Amira Ben Amor (Tunisian Olympic runner)
- Amira Casar (French actress)
- Amira Hess (Israeli poet & artist)
- Amira Nowaira (Egyptian academic)
Amiras in Popular Culture:
- Amira Masood (television, “EastEnders”)
- Amira Krimani (television, “Veronica Mars”)
- Amira Rashid (video game, “Monster Prom”)
- Amira (television, “Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis”)
- Amira (video games, “Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild”)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©seb001/Shutterstock.com.