Indigo is a unisex baby name that comes from Greek and means “dye from India”. Indigo is a color between purple and blue on the rainbow. Indigo is a unique name that is a great alternative to more common colorful names like Violet and Scarlett.
Meaning of the name Indigo:
Greek: dye from India, purple blue color
Origin of the name Indigo:
Indigo is a unisex baby name of Greek origin. Indigo means “dye from India” and refers to a color between purple and blue.
Symbolism of the name Indigo:
Indigo is the color of spirituality, perception, and intuition.
Style of the name Indigo:
Gender of the name Indigo:
Indigo is a name for both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the name Indigo:
Number of syllables in the name Indigo:
Emotion evoked from the name Indigo:
Indigo evokes feelings of creativity and passion.
Alternative spellings for the name Indigo:
Nicknames for the name Indigo:
Popularity of the name Indigo:
According to the Social Security Administration, Indigo is an uncommon unisex baby name that has never appeared on the top 1000 names list.
Related names for the name Indigo:
Great middle names for the name Indigo and their meanings:
- Ocean (ocean)
- Luca (man from Lucania)
- Kai (ocean)
- Asher (fortunate, blessed, ash tree)
- Elijah (Yahweh is God)
- Clarence (bright)
- Benedict (blessed)
Famous people with the name Indigo:
- Indigo Samara Phillips (daughter of actor Lou Phillips)
- Indigo Packer (daughter of James Packer and singer Erica Packer)
- Indigo Barreto Strong (son of actors Ryder Strong and Alexandra Barreto)
Indigo in popular culture:
- Indigo “Indi” Walker (television, “Home and Away”)
- Indigo Doll (television, Rainbow Brite series)
- Indigo (television, “Supergirl”)
- Indigo Downes (film, “Mo' Better Blues”)
- Indigo Casson (literature, “Casson Family” series by Hilary McKay)