Baylie is a trendy baby name suitable for girls and boys. With a spelling that honors its Middle English roots, Baylie also possesses a suffix that remains popular in the 21st century. Baylie Court is the name of a famous district in West Midlands, and Baylie was also the name of a character in Anti-Story by Philip Stevick. Keep reading to learn more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Baylie:
English: Bailiff, lawman, enforcer, steward
Origin of the name Baylie:
Baylie is a modern spelling of Bailey. This name originates from the Middle English root baili (meaning “bailiff”). The name arose as an occupational surname for individuals who worked as court enforcers or stewards.
Symbolism of the name Baylie:
Baylie is a modern variation of Bailey. This name entered Middle English via Norman French and meant “bailiff,” “lawman,” or “enforcer.” Traditionally, bailiffs conducted important court tasks such as issuing summons and processing bail. Symbols of this occupation include the courtroom gavel and the bailiff mace.
Style of the name Baylie:
Gender of the name Baylie:
Baylie is a unisex baby name that is given to both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the name Baylie:
Number of syllables in the name Baylie:
Emotion evoked from the name Baylie:
The name Baylie evokes feelings of blessedness and bounty.
Alternative spellings for the name Baylie:
Nicknames for the name Baylie:
Popularity of the name Baylie:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Baylie was the 4,041st most popular baby name for girls in 2020.
Related names for the name Baylie:
Great middle names for Baylie and their meanings:
- Akio (bright, clear, luminous)
- Alair (happy, cheerful)
- Clover (key, adherent, meadow flower)
- Dakota (friend, ally)
- Joy (happiness, bliss)
- Melissa (bee)
- Norelle (honor, light)
- Piper (flute player)
- Tiffani (manifestation, revelation, epiphany)
- Wren (songbird)
- Zion (holy place, highest point, peak)
Famous people with the name Baylie:
- Baylie Brown (singer)
- Baylie Cregut (actress and twin sister of Rylie Cregut)
- Baylie Edwards (soccer player)
- Baylie Girres (volleyball player)
- Baylie Jett Mills (writer)
- Baylie Kakallis (softball player)
- Baylie Thibodeaux (actress)
- Baylie Thornhill (softball player)
- Baylie Grace Wainwright (daughter of baseball player Adam Parrish Wainwright)
- Baylie Willborg (model)
Baylie in popular culture:
- Baylie Court (housing district in West Midlands, United Kingdom)
- Miss Baylie (character in Anti-Story by Philip Stevick)