Eliseo is an attractive baby name for boys. Uplifting and expressive, the name Eliseo is a viable alternative for parents seeking a biblical name that integrates well into modern culture. Eliseo is the name of the titular protagonist of El Diario de Eliseo, and Eliseo Mabou is a popular character in Resident Evil. Keep reading to learn more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Eliseo:
Hebrew: God is my salvation
Origin of the name Eliseo:
Eliseo is the Italian and Spanish spelling variation of the name Elisha. This name derives from the Hebrew expression ‘Elishu'a (אֱלִישׁוּעַ) and means “God is my salvation.” The contracted form of this phrase produces the name Elisha.
Symbolism of the name Eliseo:
Eliseo is the Spanish and Italian equivalent of the name Elisha. According to the Hebrew Bible, Elisha was a miracle worker and the most well-known acolyte of the prophet Elijah. Symbols of Elisha include the miraculous staff and the mantle of Elijah (which doubled Elisha's special anointing).
Style of the name Eliseo:
Gender of the name Eliseo:
Eliseo is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Eliseo:
Number of syllables in the name Eliseo:
Emotion evoked from the name Eliseo:
The name Eliseo evokes feelings of inspiration and integrity.
Alternative spellings for the name Eliseo:
Nicknames for the name Eliseo:
Popularity of the name Eliseo:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Eliseo was the 786th most popular baby name for boys in 2020.
Related names for the name Eliseo:
Great middle names for Eliseo and their meanings:
- Adam (man, red earth)
- Baptiste (baptist)
- Damián (tame, conquer, subdue)
- Felipe (friend of horses)
- Jermaine (brother)
- Jerome (holy name, sacred name)
- Manuel (God is with us)
- Noah (rest, repose)
- Pastor (shepherd)
- Seth (appointed)
- Timothy (honoring God)
Famous people with the name Eliseo:
- Eliseo Barrionuevo (actor)
- Eliseo Valdés Erutes (artist)
- Eliseo Alberto de Diego García Marruz (journalist)
- Eliseo Vasquez Medina (labor activist)
- Eliseo Martín Omenat (Olympic runner)
- Eliseo Antonio Quintanilla (footballer)
- Eliseo Grenet Sánchez (pianist)
- Eliseo “Eli” Fernando Soriano (television personality)
- Eliseo Alberto Subiela (film director)
- Eliseo Salazar Valenzuela (racing driver)
Eliseo in popular culture:
- Eliseo (titular protagonist of El Diario de Eliseo by J.J. Benítez)
- Eliseo Mabou (character in Resident Evil)