Jax is a modern English baby name that is a diminutive of Jackson and part of the trend of -x names alongside Dax, Rex, and Max. Jax remains steadily in the top 300 names.
Meaning of the name Jax:
English: God is gracious
Origin of the name Jax:
Jax is a modern English name derived from the name Jackson. Jax means “God is gracious” and can be traced back to the name John through the nickname Jack.
Symbolism of the name Jax:
Jax has a namesake in the Jack-in-the-pulpit flower. It is a wildflower that grows in the eastern and midwestern US that has a unique striped pouch shape. As the name suggests, the Jack-in-the-pulpit is a flower that is symbolic of spirituality.
Style of the name Jax:
Gender of the name Jax:
Jax is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Jax:
Number of syllables in the name Jax:
Emotion evoked from the name Jax:
Jax evokes feelings of energy and adventure.
Alternative spellings for the name Jax:
Nicknames for the name Jax:
Popularity of the name Jax:
According to the Social Security Administration, Jax is a modern boy’s name that first became popular in 2005. Jax was at peak popularity in 2014 at #208 and popularity has remained mostly steady.
Related names for the name Jax:
Great middle names for the name Jax and their meanings:
- Mason (stoneworker)
- Parker (park keeper)
- Wyatt (brave in war)
- Miles (soldier, merciful)
- Felix (lucky, fortunate)
- Oliver (olive tree)
- Noah (rest, repose)
- Ethan (strong)
- Nathaniel (gift of God)
- Isaac (laughter)
Famous people with the name Jax:
- Jax Jones (British musician)
- Jax Dane (American pro wrestler)
- Jax Miskanic (American pop singer)
- Jax Joseph Nilon (son of actress Garcelle Beauvais)
Jaxs in popular culture:
- Jax Teller (television, “Sons of Anarchy”)
- Jax Briggs (video games, “Mortal Kombat” series)
- Jax Jackson aka Firestorm (television, “The Flash” and “Legends of Tomorrow”)
- Jax (literature, “Mephisto Kiss” by Trinity Faegen)
- Jax Ur (DC Comics)