Dax is a cool, trendy name for a baby boy. The name Dax is interesting as it initially started out as a town name rather than a given name. Keep reading to discover more about the name.
Meaning of the name Dax:
There’s no meaning behind the name as it is a French place-name.
Origin of the name Dax:
Dax is a baby name that stems from a French location. There is the French town of Dax. However, it is unknown when the name fell into use, but Dax is used as both a given name and surname.
Symbolism of the name Dax:
Since there’s no meaning behind the name Dax, there’s not much in terms of symbolism. However, you can find a connection between the simplicity behind the name. Dax is uncomplicated, yet still entertaining and fun.
Style of the name Dax:
Gender of the name Dax:
The name Dax is generally used as a name for boys.
Pronunciation of the name Dax:
Number of syllables in the name Dax:
Emotion evoked from the name Dax:
Dax is a fun baby name that’s full of spunk, happiness, and a complete carefree feel.
Alternative spellings for the name Dax:
There is no popular alternative spelling for the baby name Dax.
Nicknames for the name Dax:
Dax does not have any popular nicknames possibly due to the name being short to start with.
Popularity of the name Dax:
According to information from the Social Security Administration, Dax has steadily seen a rise in popularity over the years. In 2019, Dax ranked its highest yet, reaching #413.
Related names for the name Dax:
Great middle names for Dax and their meanings:
- Scott (from Scotland)
- Turner (works with a lathe)
- Cason (modern, invented name)
- Finley (fair-haired hero)
- Michael (who is like God?)
- Lorne (from Laurentium)
- Ezra (help)
- Carson (son of the marsh-dwellers)
Famous people with the name Dax:
- Dax Shepard (American actor)
- Dax Pierson (American musician)
- Dax Dellenbach (American football player)
- Dax (stage name for Nigerian Canadian rapper Daniel Nwosu Jr.)
- Dax O’Callaghan (English singer, actor, dancer)
- Dax McCarty (American soccer player)
- Dax Griffin (American actor)
- Dax Harwood (American professional wrestler)
- Dax Riggs (vocalist, lyricist for the American metal band Acid Bath)
- Dax Phelan (American director, screenwriter, producer)
Daxs in movies/pop culture:
- Dax (a character in the TV show “Power Rangers Operation Overdrive”)
- Daxcharacter in the TV show “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine”)
- “Dax” titled episode from the TV show “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine”)
- Dax (the character from the TV show “The Philanthropist”)
- Dax(the character in the novel “The Adventurers” by Harold Robbins and the film adaptation of the same name)
- Dax (a fictional cat in the novel series “Tuf Voyaging”)