Josue is a baby boy’s name popular in France, Spain, and Portugal as well as the US. It means “the Lord is my salvation” and is a variation of the Hebrew name Joshua. Josue has been growing in popularity in the US since 1971 and peaked in 2007.
Meaning of the name Josue:
French, Spanish, Portuguese: the Lord is my salvation
Origin of the name Josue:
Josue is a baby boy’s name that means “the Lord is my salvation”. It is the French, Spanish and Portuguese form of the Hebrew name Joshua.
Symbolism of the name Josue:
Josue comes from Joshua. In the Hebrew Bible, Joshua was a companion of Moses and accompanied him to Mount Sinai when he received the Ten Commandments from God.
Style of the name Josue:
Gender of the name Josue:
Josue is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Josue:
Number of syllables in the name Josue:
Emotion evoked from the name Josue:
Josue evokes feelings of charisma and compassion.
Alternative spellings for the name Josue:
Nicknames for the name Josue:
Popularity of the name Josue:
According to the Social Security Administration, Josue is a popular baby boy’s name. Josue has been in the top 1000 baby names list since 1971. It peaked at #181 in 2007.
Related names for the name Josue:
Great middle names for the name Josue and their meanings:
- Ellis (benevolent)
- Griffin (strong lord)
- Marco (warlike)
- Timon (reward, honor)
- Korbin (crow)
- Jakob (supplanter)
- Leon (lion)
- Gabriel (God is my strength)
- Filipe (lover of horses)
- Isaac (laughter)
Famous people with the name Josue:
- Josué Isaac Martinez Areas (Costa Rican footballer)
- Josué Filipe Soares Pesqueira (Portuguese footballer)
- Josue Wildor Paul (American NFL football player)
- Josue Thomas (American fashion designer)
- Josue Vargas Perez (Puerto Rican boxer)
Josue in popular culture:
- Josué Koulèv (comics, “Brother Voodoo” series)
- Josue (film, “Central Station”)
- Josue Flores (comics, “A Year of Marvel”)