Madelynne is a gorgeous baby name for girls. As a stylized version of an ancient name, Madelynne has a timeless quality that makes it perfect for the leading ladies of popular culture. Madelynne Albrecht was the name of a character in the Tome of Righteous Fire series, and Madelynne Grayburn is a character in the Game of Thrones series. Keep reading to learn more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Madelynne:
Greek: Person from Magdala
Hebrew: Tower, refuge, elevated place
Origin of the name Madelynne:
Madelynne is an alternative spelling of Madeline. This name is the English translation of the title “Magdalene.” The epithet “Magdalene” derived from the Greek surname Μαγδαληνη and denoted a “woman from Magdala” (an ancient port city in coastal Galilee).
Symbolism of the name Madelynne:
Madelynne is a modern variation of Madeline. The given name Madeline derives from the Greek surname Μαγδαληνη (meaning “person from Magdala”). In the Near East, Magdala was a fortress city that kings found useful for guarding against invasions and raids. Within the Old Hebrew language, Magdala was synonymous with the word for “fort” or “elevated place.” The symbol of Magdala is the tower.
Style of the name Madelynne:
Gender of the name Madelynne:
Madelynne is a girl's baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Madelynne:
Number of syllables in the name Madelynne:
Emotion evoked from the name Madelynne:
The name Madelynne evokes feelings of femininity and fortitude.
Alternative spellings for the name Madelynne:
Nicknames for the name Madelynne:
Popularity of the name Madelynne:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Madelynne was the 4,516th most popular baby name for girls in 2020.
Related names for the name Madelynne:
Great middle names for Madelynne and their meanings:
- Adara (noble, exalted, beautiful)
- Benet (blessed)
- Cove (sheltered bay)
- Eulalie (sweetly speaking, well-spoken)
- Hart (bravery, courage, stag, deer)
- Hope (great expectations, belief, desire of fulfillment)
- Lane (road, avenue, pathway)
- Renee (born again, reborn)
- Sam (God has heard)
- Zelda (happy, blessed, battle-strong)
Famous people with the name Madelynne:
- Madelynne Arden (psychologist)
- Madelynne Brazile (podcast hostess)
- Madelynne Cadeau (track athlete)
- Madalynne Donna Conner (actress and socialite)
- Madelynne Ellis (writer)
- Madelynne Ross (photographer)
- Madelynne Diness Sheehan (ecologist and fisheries expert)
- Madelynne Whitt (singer)
- Madelynne Zornes (choreographer)
Madelynne in popular culture:
- Madelynne Albrecht (character in the Tome of Righteous Fire series)
- Madelynne Grayburn (character in the Game of Thrones series)