Madilyn is a modern English and French baby girl’s name that means “high tower” and “woman from Magdala”. Madilyn is a modern spelling of Madelyn and Madeline. It has become popular in the last two decades, peaking in 2012 at #287.
Meaning of the name Madilyn:
English, French: high tower, woman from Magdala
Origin of the name Madilyn:
Madilyn is a modern English and French name that means “high tower” or “woman from Magdala”. Madilyn is a variant spelling of Madelyn and Madeline.
Symbolism of the name Madilyn:
Madilyn means “woman from Magdala”. Magdala was an ancient Jewish city near the Sea of Galilee.
Style of the name Madilyn:
Gender of the name Madilyn:
Madilyn is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Madilyn:
MAD-ə-lin, MAD-lin, MAD-ə-lien
Number of syllables in the name Madilyn:
two or three, depending on pronunciation
Emotion evoked from the name Madilyn:
Madilyn evokes feelings of youth and beauty.
Alternative spellings for the name Madilyn:
Madalyn, Madeleine, Madeline, Madelyn, Madelynn, Madilynn, Madlyn, Madelaine, Madelina, Madoline
Nicknames for the name Madilyn:
Popularity of the name Madilyn:
According to the Social Security Administration, Madilyn is a popular baby girl’s name. Madilyn has been in the top 1000 baby names between 1998 and 2020. It peaked at #287 in 2012.
Related names for the name Madilyn:
Great middle names for the name Madilyn and their meanings:
- Eloise (healthy, wide)
- Beatrice (she who brings happiness, blessed)
- Astrid (divinely beautiful)
- Lyra (lyre)
- Nora (light, honor)
- Thea (goddess, godly)
- Ada (noble, nobility)
- Chloe (young green shoot)
Famous people with the name Madilyn:
- Madilyn Jaz Morrow (American actress)
- Madilyn Bailey (American singer)
- Madilyn Paige (American singer)
- Madilyn Rae Fawcett (daughter of soccer player Joy Fawcett)
- Madilyn Grace Smith (daughter of singer Ne-Yo)
Madilyn in popular culture:
- Madilyn Min (media, “Forgotten Hollow”)
- Madilyn Joyce (media, “Souls”)
- Madilyn Willows-Cavanaugh (literature, “Battlestar Cerberus”)