Maranda is a baby girl’s name of Latin origin that means “marvelous, admirable, wonderful” and comes from the Latin term “mirandus”. Maranda is a less common variant spelling of Miranda that was popular for the last three decades of the 20th century.
Meaning of the name Maranda:
Latin: marvelous, admirable, wonderful
Origin of the name Maranda:
Maranda is a Latin baby girl’s name that means “marvelous, admirable, wonderful”. Maranda is a variant spelling of Miranda and derives from the Latin term “mirandus”.
Symbolism of the name Maranda:
Maranda has a namesake in the Red Maranda, which is a type of flowering plant known as a prayer plant. This nickname comes from the way that the leaves of prayer plants fold together at night and resemble hands folded in prayer.
Style of the name Maranda:
Gender of the name Maranda:
Maranda is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Maranda:
Number of syllables in the name Maranda:
Emotion evoked from the name Maranda:
Maranda evokes feelings of success and confidence.
Alternative spellings for the name Maranda:
Meranda, Miranda, Mirandah, Myranda
Nicknames for the name Maranda:
Popularity of the name Maranda:
According to the Social Security Administration, Maranda is a popular baby girl’s name. Maranda was in the top 1000 baby names list from 1974 to 2001. It peaked at #407 in 1994.
Related names for the name Maranda:
Great middle names for the name Maranda and their meanings:
- Clara (bright, clear)
- Amelia (work)
- Ismene (knowledgeable)
- Caroline (free man)
- Alice (noble)
- Eir (mercy)
- Iseult (ice ruler)
- Elodie (foreign riches)
Famous people with the name Maranda:
- Maranda Curtis (American singer)
- Maranda Bruckner (American entrepreneur)
- Maranda (American actress)
- Maranda Scott (American educator)
- Maranda Williams (American entrepreneur)
Marandas in popular culture:
- Maranda (video games, “Final Fantasy VI”)
- Maranda (film, “Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising”)
- Maranda the Hedgehog (video games, “Sonic the Hedgehog” franchise)
- Maranda (video games, “Ara Fell”)
- Maranda (video games, “Mass Effect” series)