Nicolette is a smart and spirited baby girl name. Full in sound and feminine in composition, Nicolette also produces a plethora of fun nicknames. With its aura of sophistication, Nicolette also has an established place in popular culture. Nicolette Eugenia “Nicki” Grant is a character on television's Big Love, and Nicolette “Nikki” Howard is a central character in the bestselling Airhead series by Meg Cabot. Keep reading to learn more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Nicolette:
Greek, French: Victory of the people
Origin of the name Nicolette:
Nicolette is a French diminutive of the classic Greek name Nicole. The name Nicole originates from the Greek words nikē (meaning “victory”) and laos (meaning “people”).
Symbolism of the name Nicolette:
Nicolette comes from a French derivation of the Greek name Nicole (meaning “victory of the people”). In Greek mythology, the goddess Nike is the personification of victory. Her equivalent in Roman mythology is Victoria. Each of these goddesses produced feminine names used in modern times. Symbols for Nike include golden sandals, angelic wings, and laurel wreaths.
Style of the name Nicolette:
Gender of the name Nicolette:
Nicolette is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Nicolette:
Number of syllables in the name Nicolette:
Emotion evoked from the name Nicolette:
The name Nicolette evokes feelings of tenacity and triumph.
Alternative spellings for the name Nicolette:
Nicknames for the name Nicolette:
Popularity of the name Nicolette:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Nicolette was the 1,000th most popular baby name for girls in 2006. Starting in 1950, Nicolette ranked among the top 1,000 baby girl names for much of the last half of the 20th century.
Related names for the name Nicolette:
Great middle names for Nicolette and their meanings:
- Alair (cheerful, precious)
- Clarice (bright, clear, famous)
- Evony (yew tree)
- Enid (spirit, purity, life)
- Dani (God is my judge)
- Ingrid (fair, beautiful, goddess)
- Jane (God is gracious)
- Kaye (pure)
- Soleil (sun)
- Vivian (lively, vivacious)
Famous people with the name Nicolette:
- Nicolette Bethel (anthropologist)
- Nicolette Fernandes (squash player)
- Nicolette Hellemans (Olympic rower)
- Nicolette “Coco” Krebitz (actress)
- Nicolette Leigh Larson (singer)
- Nicolette Louisa “Nikii” Palikat (singer)
- Nicolette Kloe Robinson (wife of actor Leslie Odom Jr.)
- Nicolette Savalas Sheridan (actress)
- Nicolette Love Suwoton (singer)
Nicolette in popular culture:
- Nicolette (mononymous novel by Baroness Orczy)
- Nicolette Eugenia “Nicki” Grant (character on television's Big Love)
- Nicolette Elizabeth “Nikki” Howard (character in the Airhead series by Meg Cabot)
- Nicolette “Nic” Nevin (character on television's The Resident)