Peyton is a modern English baby name for both boys and girls. Unlike some unisex names, Peyton is equally as popular with both genders.
Meaning and Origin of the Name Peyton:
Peyton is a modern English baby name derived from the name of a town in Sussex, England. Peyton was originally a surname before becoming popular as a given name. The name means “Pæga’s town”.
Symbolism of the Name Peyton:
Sussex, England, is known for bonfire festivals and their music. These are powerful symbols of a passion for life and art.
Nicknames for the Name Peyton:
Peyton can be turned into a lot of different nicknames! Settling on one can be hard, but we're here to help. This list is the only one you'll need to help you find a nickname for Peyton:
Style of the Name Peyton:
Gender of the Name Peyton:
Peyton is a unisex name, used for both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the Name Peyton:
Number of Syllables in the Name Peyton:
Emotion Evoked From the Name Peyton:
Peyton evokes feelings of youthful energy and determination.
Alternative Spellings for the Name Peyton:
Payton, Paeton, Peyton
Popularity of the Name Peyton:
According to the Social Security Administration, Peyton is a popular baby name for both boys and girls. As a girl’s name, Peyton has been popular since 1992 and in the top 100 since 2008. As a boy’s name, it has been popular since 1989 and reached peak popularity between 2004 and 2012.
Related Names for the Name Peyton:
Great Middle Names for the Name Peyton and Their Meanings:
- Chandler (candle seller)
- Jaime (may God protect)
- Corey (meaning unknown)
- Shane (God is gracious)
- Jonas (dove)
- Gage (pledge)
- Reed (red)
- Liana (forest vine)
- Skye (from the Isle of Skye)
- Rosie (little rose, kind)
- Laine (wave)
- Amina (feel safe)
- Kendall (valley on the river Kent)
Famous People with the Name Peyton:
- Peyton Manning (American football player)
- Peyton M. Magruder (American aircraft engineer)
- Peyton Elizabeth Lee (American actress)
- Peyton Sellers (American NASCAR driver)
- Peyton Young (American economist)
- Peyton List (American actress)
Peytons in popular culture:
- Peyton Driscoll (television, “CSI: NY”)
- Peyton Mott (film, “The Hand That Rocks the Cradle”)
- Peyton Sawyer (television, “One Tree Hill”)
- Peyton Loftis (literature, “Lie Down in Darkness” by William Styron)
- Peyton(literature, “An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge” by Ambrose Bierce)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©UvGroup/Shutterstock.com.