Skye is a modern baby girl’s name that comes from the name of the Isle of Skye in Scotland as well as being a variant spelling of the name Sky. Skye is a less common alternative to the name Skyler.
Meaning of the name Skye:
English: place name, sky
Origin of the name Skye:
Skye is a modern English baby name that comes from the name of the Isle of Skye in Scotland. Skye ultimately derives from the Norse word “ský” which means “cloud”.
Symbolism of the name Skye:
The sky is a symbol of adventure and endless possibilities.
Style of the name Skye:
Gender of the name Skye:
Skye is both a girl's and boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Skye:
Number of syllables in the name Skye:
Emotion evoked from the name Skye:
Skye evokes feelings of adventure and confidence.
Alternative spellings for the name Skye:
Nicknames for the name Skye:
Popularity of the name Skye:
According to the Social Security Administration, Sky is a popular girl’s baby name that first appeared in the top 1000 names in 1987 and has risen in popularity ever since. As of 2020 Skye is #467.
Related names for the name Skye:
Great middle names for the name Skye and their meanings:
- Autumn (the season)
- Cordelia (heart of the sea)
- Adelaide (noble)
- Eloise (healthy, wide)
- Genevieve (tribe woman)
- Penelope (weaver)
- Charlotte (free man)
- Lucy (light)
- Caroline (free man)
- Amelia (work)
Famous people with the name Skye:
- Skye Aubrey (American actress)
- Skye Alexandra Sweetnam (Canadian pop singer)
- Skye McCole Bartusiak (American actress)
- Skye Friedman (American actress)
- Skye Deva Bennett (American actress)
Skye in popular culture:
- Skye Penderwick (literature, Penderwick series by Jeanne Birdsall)
- Skye Hamilton (literature, Alpha series by Lisi Harrison)
- Skye(literature, NIL UNLOCKED & NIL ON FIRE by Lynne Matson)
- Skye Miller (television, 13 Reasons Why)
- Skye Parkin (video game, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery)