Violetta is an Italian version of the name Violet, and it fits a lot of categories that are hot right now. It's an old-fashioned “grandma name,” a word name, and a nature name. While it's never been a top 1,000 baby name for girls in the United States, we could see it making the list sometime during the 2020s. Pair it with a trendy middle name, like Olivia, Regan, or Parker to bring it into the 21st century.
Meaning of the name Violetta:
Origin of the name Violetta:
Violetta is an Italian derivative of the Latin name Violet. It means “purple” and was one of the first names assigned to a flower.
Symbolism of the name Violetta:
New parents may choose Violetta because it symbolizes flowers or the color purple. In Christianity, the violet flower symbolizes the modesty of the Virgin Mary, as well as humility and dedication to faith. The violet is also the birth flower for the month of February, so it may be a great choice for babies born that month. The color purple is often associated with royalty, power, and luxury.
Style of the name Violetta:
Gender of the name Violetta:
Violetta is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Violetta:
Number of syllables in the name Violetta:
Emotion evoked from the name Violetta:
The baby name Violetta evokes images of someone who is nice and kind but also spontaneous and lively.
Alternative spellings for the name Violetta:
Nicknames for the name Violetta:
Popularity of the name Violetta:
According to the Social Security Administration, Violetta has never been a top 1,000 baby name in the United States.
Related names for the name Violetta:
Great middle names for Violetta and their meanings:
- Reese (ardor)
- Sydney (wide meadow)
- Elizabeth (pledged to God)
- Reagan (little king)
- Parker (park keeper)
- Ashley (ash tree)
- Olivia (olive tree)
- Taylor (tailor)
- Grace (God's grace)
Famous people with the name Violetta:
- Violetta Zironi (singer)
- Violetta (sideshow performer)
- Viloletta Bovt (ballet dancer)
- Violetta Napierska (actress)
- Violetta Vilas (singer and actress)
Violettas in popular culture:
- Violetta Valéry (character in Verdi's opera “La Traviata”
- Violetta Castillo (character on the Disney TV show “Violetta”)
- Violetta(character in the book “The Old Curiosity Shop” by Charles Dickens)
- Violetta Amouteru (character in the “Young Elites” book series)
- Violetta(character in the book “History of Magic in North America”)