There is perhaps no more feminine thing than a flower. They're delicate yet strong … simple yet elegant. Lay the foundations for these very qualities in your daughter by selecting an option from this list of girl names that mean flower.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Flower
- Azami Azami is a florid girl's name in Persian. This name can mean “greatest” or “thistle flower.” The thistle has been the national emblem of Scotland since the 1200s.
- Blimah Blimah is a florid Hebraic girl's name. This name means “flower blossom.”
- Calantha Calantha is a Greek girl's name tied to plants. This name means “beautiful flower.”
- Chloris Chloris is a Greek girl's name bound to flowers. Chloris was either a nymph or goddess that had was connected to flowers and spring.
- Chriscula Chriscula is a Greek girl's name tethered to greenery. This name means “golden flower.”
- Cliantha Cliantha is a Greek girl's name involving plants. Specifically, this name happens to mean “glory flower.”
- DelphineDelphine is a florid French girl's name. This name refers to a specific species of flower known to be a royal blue in color. Curiously, this name also means “dolphin” in the Greek language.
- Dianatha Diantha is a Greek girl's name attached to plants. This name means “divine flower.”
- Elestren Elestren is a Cornish girl's name involving plants. This name means “iris.” In the language of flower arrangements, irises are used to symbolize faith, hope, trust, valor and wisdom.
- Evanthe Evanthe is a Greek girl's name with a floral bearing. This name means “blooming.”
- Fiorella Fiorella is a flowery-sounding Italian name for girls. This name means “flower.”
- Fflur Fflur is a florid girl's name from Welsh. This name happens to mean “flower” and should be pronounced “fleer.”
- Fioralba Fioralba is a flowery Italian girl's name. This word breaks down to mean “dawn's flower” and might well suit a child who enters this world in the early morning.
- Fleur Fleur is a florid French girl's appellation. This name happens to mean “flower.” The Fleur de Lis is an iconic symbol throughout French history and its name means “Flower of Life.”
- FloraFlora is a Latin girl's name involving plants. While this word is used to describe all manner of plant life, Flora is also the name of a deity in Roman mythology who held dominion over flowers and the coming of spring.
- Floortje Floortje is a Dutch girl's name involving greenery. The name happens to mean “little flower” and should be pronounced “flor-che.”
- Florentina Florentina is a Latin girl's name with florid connections. The name means “to bloom.”
- Freesia Freesia is a flowery girl's name from the German language. The name is derived from Frederich Freese, a German botanist whose name lives on in this particular species of herbaceous perennial.
- Galanthus Galanthus is a Greek girl's name tied to plant life. This particular name means “milk flower.”
- HanaHana is a surprising floral girl's name that pops up in Czech, Hebrew, Japanese and Slavic. This name means either “flower” or “nose” in Japanese, depending on the characters used, and “blosssom” in the other languages.
- Ianthe Ianthe is a Greek girl's name tethered to greenery. An Ianthe is a variety of purple flower. Ianthe is pronounced “ee-an-thay.” Iolanthe is a known variant way of spelling this name.
- Ione Ione is a Greek girl's name connected to flowers. This name means “violet,” as in the flower and not the specific shade of purple. The name is pronounced “ee-oh-nay.”
- Irit Irit is a florid girl's name from Hebrew. This name means “Asphodel flower.” Asphodel was the realm of the Greek underworld that housed the souls of everyday people whom had not achieved anything of note.
- Jacinta Jacinta is a Spanish girl's name bound to plants. Specfically, this name means “hyacinth.” In the language of flowers, the color of a hyacinth had a great influence on its meaning; blue meant constancy, purple meant sorrow, yellow conveyed jealousy and white conveyed either loveliness or prayers for another.
- Marguerite Marguerite is a floral French girl's name. The name means “daisy.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Vijayanga/Shutterstock.com.