Zack is a common baby boy’s name that is the short form of Zachary and Zacharias. Zack has never been as popular as a given name as the longer forms and was only in the top 1000 names from 1900 to 1927 and again from 2002 to 2010.
Meaning of the name Zack:
English: the Lord has remembered
Origin of the name Zack:
Zack is an English baby boy’s name that means “the Lord has remembered”. Zack is the shortened form of Zachary or Zachariah. Very rarely Zack is a diminutive of the name Isaac.
Symbolism of the name Zack:
Zack is derived from a Biblical name for the prophet Zechariah who was integral to the building of the Second Temple.
Style of the name Zack:
Gender of the name Zack:
Zack is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Zack:
Number of syllables in the name Zack:
Emotion evoked from the name Zack:
Zack evokes feelings of charisma and enthusiasm.
Alternative spellings for the name Zack:
Zak, Zac, Zach
Nicknames for the name Zack:
Popularity of the name Zack:
According to the Social Security Administration, Zack was a modestly popular baby boy’s name. Zack was on the top 1000 names from 1900 to 1927 and again from 2002 to 2010.
Related names for the name Zack:
Great middle names for the name Zack and their meanings:
- Arlo (between two hills)
- Archer (bowman)
- Silas (forest)
- Levi (joined, attached)
- Micah (who is like the Lord)
- Lucas (from Lucania)
- Benjamin (son of the right hand)
- Henry (estate ruler)
Famous people with the name Zack:
- Zack Ryder (American professional wrestler)
- Zachary “Zack” Snyder (American film director)
- Zack Conroy (American actor)
- Zacharias “Zack” de la Rocha (American musician)
- Zachary “Zack” Fleishman (American tennis player)
Zack in popular culture:
- Zack Fair (video game, Final Fantasy VII series)
- Dr. Zack Addy (television, “Bones”)
- Zack (video games, DOA: Dead or Alive series)
- Zack Martin (television, “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody,”)
- Zack Springer (television, “Ravenswood”)