Rotini with Broccoli in Alfredo Sauce
1 (16 ounce) package dried rotini pasta
12 ounces broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
1 small red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
1 cup whipping cream
1 egg yolk
½ cup butter, melted
1½ cups finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions, adding the broccoli and sweet pepper for the last 4 minutes of cooking time.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together cream and egg yolk, set aside.
3. Drain pasta and return to pan.
4. Add cream mixture, butter, and Parmesan cheese.
5. Cook and stir over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Makes 6 servings.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: