Azael is an uncommon baby boy’s name of Hebrew origin. Azael means “helped, strengthened by God” and comes from Azariah. Azael is a variant of the name Azazel or Azrael. Azazel is the name of a fallen angel in Christianity, Islam, and Judaisam who was condemned for marrying a human woman.
Meaning of the name Azael:
Hebrew: helped, strengthened by God
Origin of the name Azael:
Azael is a Hebrew boy’s name that means “helped, strengthened by God”. Azael derives from the name Azariah. Azael is also a variant of the name Azazel who is a fallen angel in Christian, Jewish, and Islamic traditions.
Symbolism of the name Azael:
Azael is an angel in several world religions. Azael also serves as a central figure in Jewish Yom Kippur traditions.
Style of the name Azael:
Gender of the name Azael:
Azael is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Azael:
Number of syllables in the name Azael:
Emotion evoked from the name Azael:
Azael evokes feelings of strength and pride.
Alternative spellings for the name Azael:
Azayel, Azahl, Assael, Azial, Asail
Nicknames for the name Azael:
Popularity of the name Azael:
According to the Social Security Administration, Azael is an uncommon baby boy’s name. Azael has never appeared in the top 1000 baby names.
Related names for the name Azael:
Great middle names for the name Azael and their meanings:
- Sorin (star)
- Nicholas (people of victory)
- Everett (brave as a wild boar)
- Sebastian (person from Sebastia)
- Remington (riverside)
- Greyson (son of the steward)
- Ryder (messenger)
- Zane (God is gracious)
Famous people with the name Azael:
- Isaac Azael Cummings Bentley (American e-sports player)
Azael in popular culture:
- Azael the Ensnared (board games, “Dungeons & Dragons”)
- Azael (opera, “Il diluvio universale” by Gaetano Donizetti)
- Azael (opera, “L'enfant prodigue” by Daniel Auber)
- Azael Villaseñor (televisión, “Velo de novia”)
- Azael (mythology/folklore, angel in many world religions)