Cale is a modern English baby boy’s name that means “dog, whole hearted”. Cale was popular between 1969 and 2012 but has since fallen out of favor. Cale has been supplanted by Caleb in popularity.
Meaning of the name Cale:
English: dog, whole hearted
Origin of the name Cale:
Cale is a modern English baby boy’s name that means “dog, whole hearted”. Cale is a diminutive for the Hebrew name Caleb and also an English surname.
Symbolism of the name Cale:
As the saying goes, a dog is man’s best friend. Dogs are loyal, friendly, hard working, and kind.
Style of the name Cale:
Gender of the name Cale:
Cale is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Cale:
Number of syllables in the name Cale:
Emotion evoked from the name Cale:
Cale evokes feelings of intelligence and honesty.
Alternative spellings for the name Cale:
Kale, Cayle, Caile
Nicknames for the name Cale:
Popularity of the name Cale:
According to the Social Security Administration, Cale is a modern English baby boy’s name that was popular between 1969 and 2012. Cale peaked at #596 in 1984.
Related names for the name Cale:
Great middle names for the name Cale and their meanings:
- Imry (industrious)
- Jamison (supplanter)
- Grayton (son of the gray-haired one)
- Dustin (brave warrior, or Thor's stone)
- Corbin (raven)
- Conway (hound of the plain)
- Weston (from the western town)
- Redmond (wise protector)
- Tolliver (metalworker)
- Bishop (parochial occupation)
- Fisher (fisherman)
- Lawson (son of Lawrence)
Famous people with the name Cale:
- Cale Conley (American NASCAR driver)
- Cale Gale (American NASCAR driver)
- Cale Morton (Australian rules footballer)
- Cale Young Rice (American poet and dramatist)
- Cale Simmons (American pole vaulter)
Cale in popular culture:
- Cale Crane (film, “Dreamer”)
- Cale Tucker (film, “Titan A.E.”)
- Cale the Dark Warlord of Corruption (television, “Ronin Warriors”)
- Cale Bryant (film, “Free Style”)
- Logan Cale (television, “Dark Angel”)