Corbin is a handsome name meaning “crow” or “raven.” It has been made popular in the States through actors Corbin Blew and Corbin Bernson. Currently, it ranks at number 428 for boys.
Meaning and Origin of the Name Corbin:
The baby name Corbin was originally a surname. It was reserved for families of dark hair as it originates from the French word “corbeau” which means “raven”. The name also became important to European culture as it is said to be the castle where the Holy Grail is.
Symbolism of the Name Corbin:
Corbin has a similar sound to the French “corbeau”. Only the “-in” suffix was added to create a name, but the meaning of the two remain the same.
Nicknames for the Name Corbin:
There are a ton of nicknames that can be derived from Corbin! The best options are:
Style of the Name Corbin:
Gender of the Name Corbin:
Corbin is primarily baby boy name.
Pronunciation of the Name Corbin:
Number of Syllables in the Name Corbin:
Emotion Evoked From the Name Corbin:
Corbin has a strong and serious tone. It is a name that feels important.
Alternative Spellings for the Name Corbin:
Popularity of the Name Corbin:
The baby name Corbin was not a top 1,000 name until 1970 at number 978. It ascended to a top 300 name from 1999 to 2019. In the year 2022, Corbin received a ranking of number 428.
Related Names for the Name Corbin:
Great Middle Names for Corbin and Their Meanings:
- Presley (priest's meadow)
- Seth (appointed)
- Elijah (Jehovah is my God)
- Grant (tall, big)
- Elliott (the Lord is my God)
- Daxter (a person who dyes)
- Tanner (leather worker)
Famous People with the Name Corbin:
- Corbin Bleu (actor, “High School Musical”)
- Corbin Bernsen (actor, “LA Law”)
- Corbin Waller (professional soccer player)
- Corbin Allred (actor, “Saints and Soldiers”)
- Corbin Lacina (NFL player, Vikings)
- Corbin Maxey (reptile expert)
- Corbin Tomaszeksi (celebrity chef)
Corbins in Popular Culture:
- Corbin / Hanner (title of country music group)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Onjira Leibe/Shutterstock.com.