Dontae is a modern English version of the name Dante that means “enduring”. Dontae was popular in the 80s and 90s but lost steam in the 00s. It never had the popularity that the original spelling has enjoyed.
Meaning of the name Dontae:
Origin of the name Dontae:
Dontae is a modern English baby boy’s name that means “enduring”. Dontae is a modern variant spelling of Dante and a diminutive of the Italian name Durante.
Symbolism of the name Dontae:
Dontae means “enduring”. Common symbols of endurance include stone, earth, bears, horses, and husky dogs.
Style of the name Dontae:
Gender of the name Dontae:
Dontae is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Dontae:
Number of syllables in the name Dontae:
Emotion evoked from the name Dontae:
Dontae evokes feelings of confidence and dependability.
Alternative spellings for the name Dontae:
Dante, Donte, Dahnte, Dohntae
Nicknames for the name Dontae:
Popularity of the name Dontae:
According to the Social Security Administration, Dontae is a popular baby boy’s name. It was in the top 1000 baby names list from 1981 to 2003. It peaked in 1996 at #718.
Related names for the name Dontae:
Great middle names for the name Dontae and their meanings:
- Kobe (tortoise)
- Kairo (Egyptian city)
- Phoenix (dark red, firebird)
- Knox (round hill)
- Adonis (lord, god of beauty, love)
- Maddox (son of Madoc)
- Emmanuel (God is with us)
- Malachi (my messenger)
- Axel (father of peace)
- King (monarch, ruler)
- Colton (from the coal, dark town)
- Legend (myth, story)
Famous people with the name Dontae:
- Dontae Johnson (American football player)
- Dontae Comans (American politician)
- Dontae Strickland (American football player)
- Dontae Sanders (American football player)
- Dontae Jones (American basketball player)
Dontae in popular culture:
- Dontae (television, “WHODUNNIT?”)
- Dontae Evans (television, “Designated Survivor”)
- Dontae (video games, “Pokemon” series)
- Dontae Thomas (television, “Blueford”)