Estrella is a baby girl’s name of Spanish origin that means “star”. Estrella is a variation of the Latin name Stella. Estrella has been popular in the US since 1997, alongside Estella and Estelle.
Meaning and Origin of the Name Estrella:
Estrella is a baby girl’s name of Spanish origin that means “star”. Estrella is derived from the Latin name Stella. An alternative origin for this name is from Old Norse. This origin story says that Estrella comes from the name Asta, giving it an alternative meaning of “divine strength”.
Symbolism of the Name Estrella:
Estrella means “star”. Stars are traditional symbols of divine guidance and protection. They are also associated with inspiration, good luck, and purity.
Nicknames for the Name Estrella:
There are tons of nicknames available if you want to go with Estrella! From Es to Shining Star, here is a great list of many nicknames for Estrella:
- Shining Star
Style of the Name Estrella:
Gender of the Name Estrella:
Estrella is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the Name Estrella:
Number of Syllables in the Name Estrella:
Emotion Evoked From the Name Estrella:
Estrella evokes feelings of beauty and wisdom.
Alternative Spellings for the Name Estrella:
Estrella, Estella, Estrella, Estrylla
Popularity of the Name Estrella:
According to the Social Security Administration, Estrella is a popular baby girl’s name. Estrella has been in the top 1000 baby names since 2000. It peaked at #296 in 2005. In 2022, the name ranked at 677.
Related Names for the Name Estrella:
Great Middle Names for the Name Estrella and Their Meanings:
- Sadie (princess)
- Sariah (princess)
- Chayra (life)
- Dariya (kingly, possess well)
- Galina (calm, healer)
- Leonore (the other Aenor)
- Dinah (God will judge)
- Edna (rejuvenation, delight)
- Aloyse (renowned warrior)
- Claudette (lame, enclosure)
Famous People with the Name Estrella:
- Estrella Cabeza Candela (Spanish tennis player)
- Estrella Alfon (Filipina author)
- Estrella Archs (Spanish fashion designer)
- Estrella del Valle (Mexican poet)
- Estrella Lin (Taiwanese singer)
Estrella in Popular Culture:
- Estrella San Roman (television, “La Madrastra.”)
- Estrella (music, “Ladies of the Canyon” by Joni Mitchell
- Estrella Nomeolvides (literature, “Wild Beauty” by Anna-Marie McLemore)
- Estrella Jalisco (brand of alcohol)
- Estrella (film, “James Bond” franchise)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Inara Prusakova/Shutterstock.com.