Jeremih is a unique modern baby name for boys. While its roots date back millennia, this name features a stylized upgrade for the 21st century. Jeremih is the stage name of rapper Jeremy Phillip Felton, and Jeremih is also the protagonist of Cold Summer by urban novelist Kyoshi. Keep reading to learn more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Jeremih:
Hebrew: God will raise, God will exalt
Origin of the name Jeremih:
Jeremih is a modern alternative spelling of Jeremiah. This name derives from the Hebrew phrase יִרְמְיָהוּ and means “God will exalt.”
Symbolism of the name Jeremih:
Jeremih is a variation of Jeremiah and means “God will uplift” or “God will exalt.” According to tradition, Jeremiah was an Old Testament prophet who wrote the Book of Jeremiah and lived to see the Babylonian destruction of Jerusalem. He then wrote the Book of Lamentations and received a promise regarding God's restoration of the chosen people. Symbols of Jeremiah include the earthen bottle and the potter's wheel.
Style of the name Jeremih:
Gender of the name Jeremih:
Jeremih is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Jeremih:
Number of syllables in the name Jeremih:
Emotion evoked from the name Jeremih:
The name Jeremih evokes feelings of reconciliation and renewal.
Alternative spellings for the name Jeremih:
Nicknames for the name Jeremih:
Popularity of the name Jeremih:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Jeremih was the 2,323rd most popular baby name for boys in 2020.
Related names for the name Jeremih:
Great middle names for Jeremih and their meanings:
- Alvin (elf friend)
- Brent (hill, high place, holy place)
- Denzel (high stronghold, hilltop fortress)
- Emory (home strength, brave leader)
- Herbert (bright army)
- Kendrick (greatest champion, bold ruler)
- Lenny (brave lion)
- Otis (wealthy, rich, prosperous)
- Rufus (red-haired)
- Sheldon (valley with steep sides)
- Vernon (alder tree)
Famous people with the name Jeremih:
- Jeremih Brown (entrepreneur)
- Jeremih Carr (writer)
- Jeremih Batiquin Castillo (app developer)
- Jeremih Collins (bodybuilder)
- Jeremih Rambaud (business executive)
- Jeremih Smith (football player)
Jeremih in popular culture:
- Jeremih (stage name of rapper Jeremy Phillip Felton)
- Jeremih (protagonist of Cold Summer by urban novelist Kyoshi)