Jordy is a baby boy’s name of English, Dutch, and French origin. It means “flowing down” in English and “farmer” in Dutch and French. Jordy was popular in the early 2000’s but disappeared from the top 1000 baby names list by 2020.
Meaning of the name Jordy:
English: flowing down
Dutch, French: farmer
Origin of the name Jordy:
Jordy is an English, Dutch, and French baby boy’s name. In English, Jordy is a diminutive of the name Jordan and means “flowing down”. Jordy is also the French and Dutch version of the name George and means “farmer”.
Symbolism of the name Jordy:
Jordy is a diminutive of Jordan, which comes from the name of the Jordan River. It is one of the major rivers in the Middle East.
Style of the name Jordy:
Gender of the name Jordy:
Jordy is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Jordy:
JAWR-dee (English), JOR-DEE (French), YAWR-dee (Dutch)
Number of syllables in the name Jordy:
Emotion evoked from the name Jordy:
Jordy evokes feelings of creativity and adventure.
Alternative spellings for the name Jordy:
Jordi, Jordie, Geordie
Nicknames for the name Jordy:
Popularity of the name Jordy:
According to the Social Security Administration, Jordy is a popular baby boy’s name. Jordy was in the top 1000 baby names list from 1993 to 2019. It peaked at #621 in 2001.
Related names for the name Jordy:
Great middle names for the name Jordy and their meanings:
- Oscar (God spear, deer-lover, champion warrior)
- Felix (happy, fortunate)
- Silas (wood, forest)
- Emmett (universal)
- Rowan (rowan tree, little redhead)
- Theo (gift of God)
- Kai (sea)
- Claude (lame, enclosure)
Famous people with the name Jordy:
- Jordy Ray Nelson (American NFL football player)
- Jordy Clasie (Dutch footballer)
- Jordy Hiwula (British footballer)
- Jordy Claude Daniel Lemoine (French singer-songwriter)
- Jordy Joe Mercer (American baseball player)
Jordys in popular culture:
- Jordy Verrill (literature, “Weeds” by Stephen King)
- Jordy the Hedgehog (media, “Sonic the Hedgehog” franchise)
- Jordy (web series, “Homestar Runner”)
- Jordy Knowlton (film, “Right on Track”)