Lilah is a baby girl’s name of Arabic origin that means “night”. Lilah is the less common variant spelling of the names Lila and Lyla. Lilah is evocative of names like Lily and Lilith.
Meaning of the name Lilah:
Origin of the name Lilah:
Lilah is an Arabic girl’s name that is a variant spelling of the name Layla. Lilah means “night”.
Symbolism of the name Lilah:
The night has always been thought of as alluring and mysterious. Many cultures believe that night is when truths are revealed and that night makes people more honest.
Style of the name Lilah:
Gender of the name Lilah:
Lilah is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Lilah:
LIE-lə (English & Arabic), LEE-lə, LAY-lə (English)
Number of syllables in the name Lilah:
Emotion evoked from the name Lilah:
Lilah evokes feelings of peace and serenity.
Alternative spellings for the name Lilah:
Leila, Lila, Layla, Lyla
Nicknames for the name Lilah:
Popularity of the name Lilah:
According to the Social Security Administration, Lilah is an uncommon baby girl’s name that has not ranked in the top 1000 names since 1900.The variant spelling Lila was in the top 200 names between 2008 and 2015.
Related names for the name Lilah:
Great middle names for the name Lilah and their meanings:
- Rose (the flower)
- Juliet (youthful or sky father)
- Jane (God is gracious)
- Elodie (foreign riches)
- Elsie (pledged to God)
- Rania (queenly)
- Yasmin (jasmine flower)
- Sabina (sabine)
- Inez (pure, virginal)
- Annaliese (graceful oath)
- Imogen (maiden)
- Minerva (of the mind, intellect)
Famous people with the name Lilah:
- Lilah Fear (British ice dancer)
- Lilah Parsons (English model and TV presenter)
- Lilah Hayes (daughter of actress Erinn Hayes)
- Lilah Rodriguez (daughter of actress Linda Cardellini)
- Lilah Yassin (Malaysian politician)
Lilahs in popular culture:
- Lilah Morgan (television, “Angel”)
- LilahLost Girl (literature, “Rot and Ruin” series by Jonathan Maberry)
- Lilah (film, “Jonah Hex”)
- Lila West (television, “Dexter”)
- Lila Sawyer (television, “Hey Arnold”)