The baby name Ayden has grown in popularity in recent years, particularly for boys. This name of Gaelic origins can also be spelled Aiden. Find out more about this popular baby name.
Origin of the name Ayden:
The name Ayden originates in the Gaelic Scottish language and culture.
Symbolism of the name Ayden:
Gaelic: Little fire
Hebrew: Attractive, handsome, pleasure
Style of the name Ayden:
The baby name Ayden is a traditional name.
Gender of the name Ayden:
The name Ayden is used for both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the name Ayden:
Number of syllables for the name Ayden:
The name Ayden has two syllables.
Emotion evoked from the name Ayden:
Pleasure, attractive, fiery
Alternative spellings for the name Ayden:
Aydan, Aden, Aedan, Addan
Nicknames for the name Ayden:
Adin, Aden, Den, Adh, Aide
Popularity of the name Ayden:
Although Ayden has been used by many families, the name Ayden is not in the top 1,000 names for any year of birth beginning with 1900.
Related names for the name Ayden:
Aiden, Aydin, Aydan
Great middle names for Ayden:
Famous people with the name Ayden:
- Aiden Gallagher (American actor)
- Aidan Gould (American actor)
- Aidan Prince (American dancer and social media sensation)
- Aidan Turner (Irish actor)
- Aidan McArdle (Irish actor)
- Aidan Palmer (European football player)
- Aidan Price (European football player)
- Aidan O’Kane (European football player)
- Aidan Moffat (Scottish vocalist and musician)
The name Ayden in movies/pop culture:
Ayden Lynch is a popular name that is in the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling. The book Blood and Chocolate has the name Ayden in it. Further, the television series “Being Human” also has the name Ayden.