Cain is a well-known baby name with strong biblical roots. The name Cain can surprisingly be used as a unisex option as well. Read on to discover more interesting information about the name.
Meaning of the name Cain:
Hebrew for “acquired, spear”.
Origin of the name Cain:
For anyone with knowledge of the Old Testament may recognize the infamous Cain, which gives this name Hebrew and biblical roots.
Symbolism of the name Cain:
Cain has a strong connection for those with a religious background. Despite the harsh and murderous history of the name, Cain can still pair well with devotion, intelligence, and strength.
Style of the name Cain:
Classic and biblical.
Gender of the name Cain:
Although there is a chance that Cain can be used for girls, the name is used far more with boys in comparison.
Pronunciation of the name Cain:
Number of syllables in the name Cain:
Emotion evoked from the name Cain:
The baby name Cain has a way of bringing out feelings of determination. Cain demonstrates someone who is firm and reliable while still managing to feel comfortable.
Alternative spellings for the name Cain:
Nicknames for the name Cain:
There are no popular nicknames for the baby name Cain.
Popularity of the name Cain:
From data by the Social Security Administration, Cain broke the top 1000 list of popular baby names on several occasions throughout the years. Cain was at its most popular in 2014, ranking #726 overall.
Related names for the name Cain:
Great middle names for Cain and their meanings:
- Henry (estate ruler)
- Moore (the moors)
- Elliot (Jehovah is God)
- Jamil (beautiful, handsome)
- Harrison (son of Harry)
- Thompson (son of Tom)
- Ivan (God is gracious)
- Zeke (God strengthens)
Famous people with the name Cain:
Cains in movies/pop culture:
- Cain and Able (fictional characters in the DC comic book universe)
- Cain Marko (son of the Marvel character Juggernaut)
- Commander Cain (character in “Battlestar Galactica”)
- Cain Dingle (Emmerdale character)
- Cain (main antagonist character in the film “RoboCop 2”)
- Cain (a decoy assassin in the film “The Bourne Identity”)
- Caincharacter in the Japanese anime series “The King of Braves GaoGaiGar”)
- Cain C. Hargreaves (the character in the manga “Godchild”)