Judi is a modern take on an otherwise classic name. Judi also comes from multiple origins. Read on to learn more information about the name.
Meaning of the name Judi:
Hebrew for “woman from Judea; Jewish”.
Arabic meaning unknown.
Origin of the name Judi:
Judi comes with two different origins. When it is a variation of “Judy”, the name Judi comes from “Judith”. This stems from the Hebrew name “Yehudit”, and the name “Judith” is found in the Old Testament.
On the other hand, Judi is also an Arabic name. The name Judi is found in the Quran in reference to a mountain.
Symbolism of the name Judi:
Judi has strong religious connections thanks to the baby name’s relation to both the Hebrew bible as well as the Quran. This can make Judi a good name choice for parents who want a name with a religious connection, but it has a more modern feel to it overall.
Style of the name Judi:
Classic with a modern spelling twist.
Gender of the name Judi:
Judi is a baby name typically used for girls.
Pronunciation of the name Judi:
Number of syllables in the name Judi:
Emotion evoked from the name Judi:
Judi is a baby name that brings up happy feelings of someone who is genuine, supportive, and kind.
Alternative spellings for the name Judi:
Nicknames for the name Judi:
Popularity of the name Judi:
With information from the Social Security Administration, Judi has never entered into the top 1000 list of popular baby names.
Related names for the name Judi:
Great middle names for Judi and their meanings:
- Sally (princess)
- Harper (harp player)
- Piper (pipe or flute player)
- Harlow (rock hill; army hill)
- Diamond (gem name)
- Quinn (descendent of Conn)
- Sloane (raider)
- Sage (wise)
Famous people with the name Judi:
- Judi Anderson (American actress, model, 1978 Miss USA)
- Judi Bowker (English actress)
- Judi Meredith (American actress)
- Judi Farr (Australian actress)
- Judi Trott (English actress)
- Judi Silvano (American jazz singer, composer)
- Judi Richards (Canadian pop singer, songwriter)
- Judi Monterey (American model, actress)
- Judi Evans (American actress)
- Judi Connelli (Australian singer, actress)
Judis in movies/pop culture:
Judi is not used often in movies, TV, or other pop culture areas.