Kelley is a unisex Irish name that means “war”, “church”, and “bright-headed”. Kelley is a variant spelling of Kelly and the Anglicized form of Ceallach. Kelley was at peak popularity for both boys and girls between 1950 and 2000.
Meaning of the name Kelley:
Irish: war, church, bright-headed
Origin of the name Kelley:
Kelley is a unisex baby name of Irish origin that means “war”, “church”, or “bright-headed”. Kelley is the Anglicized version of the Irish name Ceallach. Kelley is also a common Irish surname.
Symbolism of the name Kelley:
Kelley traditionally means “bright-headed” which refers to someone with red or blonde hair.
Style of the name Kelley:
Gender of the name Kelley:
Kelley is a unisex baby name. It's given to both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the name Kelley:
Number of syllables in the name Kelley:
Emotion evoked from the name Kelley:
Kelley evokes feelings of leadership and strength of will.
Alternative spellings for the name Kelley:
Kelli, Kellie, Kelly, Kelleigh
Nicknames for the name Kelley:
Popularity of the name Kelley:
According to the Social Security Administration, Kelley is a popular unisex baby name. Kelley was in the top 1000 baby names for girls from 1956 to 1999. It peaked at #168 in 1968. For boys, it was in the top 1000 names between 1900 and 1911 and again from 1951 to 1982. It peaked at #588 in 1968.
Related names for the name Kelley:
Great middle names for the name Kelley and their meanings:
- Emmett (universal, truth)
- Declan (man of prayer)
- Murtagh (lord)
- Tiernan (little lord)
- Connor (lover of hounds)
- Finn (fair, white)
- Ciaran (little dark one)
- Sean (God is gracious)
- Catriona (pure)
- Maeve (she who intoxicates)
- Saoirse (liberty)
- Aoife (beautiful, radiant)
- Niamh (bright)
- Siobhan (God is gracious)
- Caoimhe (beautiful)
- Kiera (little dark one)
Famous people with the name Kelley:
- Kelley Jones (American comic book artist)
- Kelley Lovelace (American singer-songwriter)
- Kelley Armstrong (Canadian fantasy novelist)
- Kelley Maureen O'Hara (American soccer player)
- Kelley James Donoho (son of American actress Holly Marie Combs)
Kelley in popular culture:
- Kelley Bonner (film, “Little Red Wagon”)
- Esteban Fernando Antonio Kelley (video games, “Red Dead Revolver”)
- Carrie Kelley (comics, “The Dark Knight Rises” by Frank Miller)
- Ian Kelley (television, “Being Ian”)
- Sam Kelley (film, “King Kong”)