Connor is a baby name that has remained popular since 1992. Meaning “lover of wolves or hounds”, Connor is a good choice for a baby in a family of animal lovers.
Meaning of the name Connor:
Gaelic Irish: lover of wolves or hounds
Origin of the name Connor:
Connor of Gaelic Irish origin derived from the name Conchobhar. There are many figures in Irish history and mythology with the name Connor.
Symbolism of the name Connor:
In Celtic mythology, the wolf was a symbol of a valiant warrior. Wolves were respected for their hunting prowess and often depicted as respected companions of the gods. Similarly, hounds were valued as boon companions.
Style of the name Connor:
Gender of the name Connor:
Connor is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Connor:
Number of syllables in the name Connor:
Emotion evoked from the name Connor:
Connor evokes feelings of respect and honesty.
Alternative spellings for the name Connor:
Conor, Conner, Konnor
Nicknames for the name Connor:
Popularity of the name Connor:
According to the Social Security Administration, Connor is a consistently popular boy’s name that has remained in the top 100 names for boys since 1992.
Related names for the name Connor:
Great middle names for the name Connor and their meanings:
- Declan (meaning unknown)
- Daniel (God is my judge)
- Aiden (little fire)
- Wyatt (brave battle)
- Dylan (great tide)
- Thomas (twin)
- Micah (who is like God?)
- Gael (Gaelic)
- Theo (gift of God)
- Edward (fortune guard)
Famous people with the name Connor:
- Connor Jacobus (American musician, “ The Districts”)
- Connor Thomas Barth (American football player)
- Connor Neil Ralph Wickham (English footballer)
- Connor Samuel John Ball (British musician, “The Vamps”)
- Connor Paolo (American actor)
Connors in popular culture:
- Connor MacLeod (film, “The Highlander”)
- Connor Kenway (video games, “Assassin’s Creed III Black Flag”)
- Connor Kent aka Superboy (DC comics)
- Connor Rhodes (television, “Chicago Med”)
- Connor Jordan (television, “The Vampire Diaries”)