Keoni is a Hawaiian boy’s name that means “God is gracious”. Keoni is the Hawaiian version of the name John and has been in the top 100 baby names in the state of Hawaii for most years between 1977 and 2001. On the mainland, Keoni is unique and nearly unheard of.
Meaning of the name Keoni:
Hawaiian: God is gracious
Origin of the name Keoni:
Keoni is a baby boy’s name of Hawaiian origin. Keoni means “God is gracious” and is the Hawaiian version of the Hebrew name John.
Symbolism of the name Keoni:
Keoni is a variation of the name John and means “God is gracious”. John is a name from the Hebrew Bible belonging to several major figures. This gives the name a religious weight and symbolism.
Style of the name Keoni:
Gender of the name Keoni:
Keoni is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Keoni:
Number of syllables in the name Keoni:
two or three, depending on pronunciation
Emotion evoked from the name Keoni:
Keoni evokes feelings of strength and honor.
Alternative spellings for the name Keoni:
Keyonei, Keyoni, Keony
Nicknames for the name Keoni:
Popularity of the name Keoni:
According to the Social Security Administration, Keoni is an uncommon baby boy’s name. Keoni has never appeared in the top 1000 baby names list.
Related names for the name Keoni:
Great middle names for the name Keoni and their meanings:
- Makoa (brave man)
- Elikai (God is my salvation)
- Alani (orange tree)
- Iakona (healer)
- Kane (warrior, beautiful, golden, man of the Eastern sky)
- Malakai (my messenger)
- Malik (king, wave)
- Kai (ocean)
Famous people with the name Keoni:
- Keoni Ana (Hawaiian historical politician)
- Keoni Waxman (American film director)
- Keoni Cavaco (American baseball player)
- Keoni Rebeiro (American actor)
- Keoni Tamayo (American fitness guru)
Keoni in popular culture:
- Keoni Jameson (television, “Lilo & Stitch: The Series”)
- Keoni (video games, “Pokemon” series)
- Keoni (television, “Chicago Med”)
- Keoni Young (television, “Scooby-Doo! And the Samurai Sword”)