Mariano is an Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese name that means “relating to the god Mars”. Mars was the Roman god of war and second only to Jupiter in the pantheon. Mariano was popular in the early and mid 20th century.
Meaning of the name Mariano:
Italian, Spanish, Portuguese: relating to the god Mars
Origin of the name Mariano:
Mariano is an Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese baby boy’s name that means “relating to the god Mars”. Mars is the Roman god of war and second only to Jupiter in the Roman pantheon.
Symbolism of the name Mariano:
Mariano is related to the name of the Roman god, Mars. Mars is the god of war and is symbolized by a spear, wolves, and the color red.
Style of the name Mariano:
Gender of the name Mariano:
Mariano is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Mariano:
Number of syllables in the name Mariano:
Emotion evoked from the name Mariano:
Mariano evokes feelings of passion and charm.
Alternative spellings for the name Mariano:
Nicknames for the name Mariano:
Popularity of the name Mariano:
According to the Social Security Administration, Mariano is a popular baby boy’s name. Mariano was in the top 1000 baby names from 1907 to 1938, 1953 to 1988, and sporadically since then. 2011 is the most recent year that it made the list. It ranked the highest in 1912 at #733.
Related names for the name Mariano:
Great middle names for the name Mariano and their meanings:
- Cassius (hollow)
- Aurelius (the golden one)
- Cyrus (sun)
- Elias (Yahweh is God)
- Micah (who is like the Lord)
- Evander (bow warrior, strong man)
- Lazarus (God is my helper)
- Atlas (bearer of the heavens)
Famous people with the name Mariano:
- Mariano Rivera (Panamanian-American baseball pitcher)
- Mariano Díaz Mejía (Spanish footballer)
- Mariano Ponce (Filipino physician and activist)
- (Edgar) Mariano TrujilloMexican footballer)
- Mariano Di Vaio (Italian blogger, fashion designer, and actor)
Mariano in popular culture:
- Jess Mariano (television, “Gilmore Girls”)
- Mariano Pascual (video game, “BattleTech”)
- John Mariano (media, “Transformers”)
- Mariano Azuela (literature, “The Underdogs”)
- Michael Mariano (film, “The Kitchen”)