Tallulah is a pretty name for baby girls. The name Tallulah is also a name with Native American ancestry. Read on to discover more about the name.
Meaning of the name Tallulah:
Choctaw for “leaping water”.
Origin of the name Tallulah:
As a baby name, it’s believed that Tallulah has Native American origins. Tallulah is a name that seems to come from the Choctaw Nation, which is the third largest Indian Nation in the United States.
Symbolism of the name Tallulah:
Tallulah is a baby name that holds great symbolism with water. This gives the name Tallulah a spiritual feel, one that represents life and a willingness to let go and be free.
Style of the name Tallulah:
Gender of the name Tallulah:
Tallulah is a baby name more commonly used for girls.
Pronunciation of the name Tallulah:
Number of syllables in the name Tallulah:
Emotion evoked from the name Tallulah:
Tallulah is a charming baby name that feels gentle, sweet, and kind.
Alternative spellings for the name Tallulah:
Nicknames for the name Tallulah:
Popularity of the name Tallulah:
Tallulah is not a widely used baby name. According to the Social Security Administration, Tallulah has never made it to the list of the top 1000 popular baby names.
Related names for the name Tallulah:
Great middle names for Tallulah and their meanings:
- Marlowe (driftwood)
- Sloane (raider)
- Wren (small bird)
- Quinn (descendent of Conn)
- Avery (ruler of the elves)
- Emerson (son of Emery)
- Kennedy (misshapen head)
- Blake (fair-haired, dark)
Famous people with the name Tallulah:
- Tallulah Willis (daughter of American actors Bruce Willis and Demi Moore)
- Tallulah Bankhead (American actress)
- Tallulah Riley (British actress)
- Tallulah Morton (Australian fashion model)
- Tallulah (German-born British DJ)
Tallulahs in movies/pop culture:
- Cousin Tallulah (character in the animated Disney film “Meet the Robinsons”)
- Tallulah (character in the TV show “Tickety Toc”)
- Tallulah (a chick character in the children’s book/shows “Maisy Mouse”)
- Tallulah (singer in the musical movie “Bugsy Malone”)
- “Tallulah” (a 2016 film)