Ariella is a modern English girl’s name that comes from the Hebrew name Ariel. Ariella means “lioness of God”. With such a powerful meaning and a beautifully musical sound to it, Ariella is a great choice for any little girl.
Meaning of the name Ariella:
Hebrew: lioness of God
Origin of the name Ariella:
Ariella is a feminine form of the unisex Hebrew name Ariel. Ariella is a modern English spelling of the name, likely a variation on the French name Arielle.
Symbolism of the name Ariella:
Lionesses are powerful symbolic figures. Lionesses stand for intuition, courage, intelligence, and the power of feminine strength.
Style of the name Ariella:
Gender of the name Ariella:
Ariella is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Ariella:
Number of syllables in the name Ariella:
Emotion evoked from the name Ariella:
Ariella evokes feelings of imagination and wonder.
Alternative spellings for the name Ariella:
Nicknames for the name Ariella:
Popularity of the name Ariella:
According to the Social Security Administration, Ariella first appeared on the top 1000 baby girl names in 2008 and it climbed in popularity rapidly to hit #152 in 2020.
Related names for the name Ariella:
Great middle names for the name Ariella and their meanings:
- Layne (a small roadway or path)
- Macie (hill)
- Emery (industrious)
- Quinn (descendent of Conn)
- Willow (willow tree)
- Autumn (the season)
- Blythe (happy, carefree, white)
- Constance (steadfastness)
- Winifred (blessed peacemaking)
- Edith (prosperous in war)
- Theodora (gift of God)
Famous people with the name Ariella:
- Ariella Kaeslin (Swiss artistic gymnast)
- Ariela Massotti (Brazilian actress)
- Ariella Rush (American professional ballroom dancer)
- Ariella Vaccarino (American singer-songwriter)
- Ariella “Ana” Hernandez Arida (Filipina actress)
Ariellas in popular culture:
- Ariella Kent (comics, Supergirl franchise)
- Ariella Third (television, “Fillmore”)
- Ariella Festila Nimura Furstana Festila (literature, Deryni series by Katherine Kurtz)