Eitan is a baby boy’s name of Hebrew origin that means “solid, enduring, firm”. Eitan is an uncommon variant spelling of Ethan. The name is not popular in the US where Ethan reigns supreme but Eitan is very common in Israel.
Meaning of the name Eitan:
Hebrew: solid, enduring, firm
Origin of the name Eitan:
Eitan is a Hebrew name meaning “solid, enduring, firm”. Eitan is a variant spelling of the name Ethan.
Symbolism of the name Eitan:
Eitan means “solid, enduring, firm” and evokes images of the very earth and stone. Stone forms the foundation on which a stable building is constructed and symbolizes down to earth and reliable qualities.
Style of the name Eitan:
Gender of the name Eitan:
Eitan is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Eitan:
Number of syllables in the name Eitan:
Emotion evoked from the name Eitan:
Eitan evokes feelings of strength and trustworthiness.
Alternative spellings for the name Eitan:
Aitan, Aytan, Eytan
Nicknames for the name Eitan:
Popularity of the name Eitan:
According to the Social Security Administration, Eitan is an uncommon baby boy’s name. EItan has never appeared on the top 1000 baby names list. Variant spelling Ethan has been in the top 100 names since 1989 and was in the top 10 from 2002 and 2015.
Related names for the name Eitan:
Great middle names for the name Eitan and their meanings:
- Barnett (place cleared by burning)
- Lir (Irish god of the sea)
- Gray (the color)
- Levi (joined, attached)
- Jett (excellence)
- Fox (the animal)
- Wilder (uncontrolled)
- Flynn (son of the red-haired one)
Famous people with the name Eitan:
- Eitan Cabel (Israeli politician)
- Eitan Tibi (Israeli footballer)
- Eitan Broshi (Israeli politician)
- Eitan Ben Eliyahu (Israeli general)
- Eitan Haber (Israeli journalist and publicist)
Eitans in popular culture:
- Eitan (television, “Bratz”)
- Eitan Samuels (video game, “Monster High”)
- Rafi Eitan (film, “Operation Finale”)
- Eitan (television, “False Flag”)