Noelle is a French and English baby name meaning “Christmas”. The name is the female spelling of the name Noel. A festive and beautiful name, Noelle is a classy, timeless name that has grown in popularity steadily in the last few decades.
Meaning of the name Noelle:
Origin of the name Noelle:
Noelle is a French and English name. The name means “Christmas” and is the feminine form of the name Noel. The name can be traced back to the Latin term “natalis” which means “birth”.
Symbolism of the name Noelle:
Noelle brings to mind images of sparkling Christmas lights and fluffy white snow and all of the goodwill and cheer they bring with them.
Style of the name Noelle:
Gender of the name Noelle:
Noelle is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Noelle:
no-EHL (English), NAW-EHL (French)
Number of syllables in the name Noelle:
Emotion evoked from the name Noelle:
Noelle evokes feelings of goodwill and kindness.
Alternative spellings for the name Noelle:
Nicknames for the name Noelle:
Popularity of the name Noelle:
According to the Social Security Administration, Noelle first became popular in the US in the 1960s. Noelle entered the top 300 in 2013 and continues to climb. It was at #210 in 2020.
Related names for the name Noelle:
Great middle names for the name Noelle and their meanings:
- Winter (the season)
- Indigo (Indian dye, the color)
- Amber (the precious stone)
- Alexa (defending man)
- Freya (a noble woman)
- Luna (moon)
- Alys (noble)
- Ciara (little dark one)
- Cerys (love)
- Briony (to sprout)
Famous people with the name Noelle:
- Noelle Quinn (American basketball player)
- Noelle Cordier (French pop singer)
- Noelle Beck (American actress)
- Noelle Scaggs (American singer)
- Noelle Stevenson (American artist)
- Noelle Pikus-Pace (American Olympic skeleton racer)
Noelles in popular culture:
- Noelle Slusarski (film, “The Truth About Cats and Dogs”)
- Noelle Ortiz Stubbs (television, “One Life to Live”)
- Noelle Kringle (film, “Noelle”)
- Noelle Davis (television, “13 Reasons Why”)