Zahara is a beautiful baby girl’s name that means “light, brilliance” in Arabic and Hebrew as well as “flower” in Swahili. Zahara is a truly international favorite that hasn’t yet caught on in the US.
Meaning of the name Zahara:
Hebrew, Arabic: light, brilliance
Origin of the name Zahara:
Zahara is a baby girl’s name of Hebrew and Arabic origin that means “light, brilliance”. It is the feminine form of Zohar or Zahra. Zahara is also a Swahili name that means “flower”.
Symbolism of the name Zahara:
Zahara is a name with two-fold symbolism. Light is a universal symbol of wisdom, goodness, health, and learning. Flowers are a beautiful symbol that have held great significance in many cultures all around the world.
Style of the name Zahara:
Gender of the name Zahara:
Zahara is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Zahara:
Number of syllables in the name Zahara:
Emotion evoked from the name Zahara:
Zahara evokes feelings of wisdom and beauty.
Alternative spellings for the name Zahara:
Nicknames for the name Zahara:
Popularity of the name Zahara:
According to the Social Security Administration, Zahara is an uncommon baby girl’s name. It has never appeared in the top 1000 baby names list.
Related names for the name Zahara:
Great middle names for the name Zahara and their meanings:
- Esme (beloved)
- Samira (companion in evening conversation)
- Anise (an herb)
- Lyric (lyre)
- Violet (purple, the flower)
- Juliet (sky father, youthful)
- Genevieve (tribe woman)
- Elodie (foreign riches)
Famous people with the name Zahara:
- Bulelwa “Zahara” Mkutukana (South African singer-songwriter)
- Zahara Gordillo Campos (Spanish singer-songwriter)
- Zahara Schatz (Israeli painter)
- Zahara Rubin (Israeli sculptor)
- Zahara Marley Jolie Pitt (daughter of Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt)
Zahara in popular culture:
- Zahara Milton (film, “Cover”)
- Zahara (toys, “Barbie” franchise)
- Zahara (comics, “Superman” franchise)
- Zahara (video games, “Metal Slug”)
- Zahara (video games, “Divinity Original Sin 2”)