Ayesha is a vibrant baby name for girls. As an elaborate alternative to Aisha, this name is reminiscent of royalty and integrates well into numerous subcultures. Ayesha is the central figure in She by H. Rider Haggard, and Ayesha Artugle is the titular protagonist of the Atelier Ayesha video game. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning and Origin of the Name Ayesha:
Ayesha is an alternative transcription of the Arabic name Aisha. This name derives from the Arabic word ‘āsha (meaning “to live”). The name means “alive, well”. Ayesha is the name of the prophet Muhammad's third wife. The name is associated with knowledge, wisdom, and poetry. This classic baby name carries a lot of weight with it!
Symbolism of the Name Ayesha:
Ayesha is a transliteration of an Arabic name that means “alive” or “well”. Arabic symbols for life include the color dark green (representing growth and eventually paradise) and dark red (which represents “life force” or blood).
Nicknames for the Name Ayesha:
Ayesha is an uncommon name in the United States. Many of the nicknames that go with it are just as unique! If you want something more common for a nickname, there are options that fall under that as well. We've got a comprehensive list of nicknames for Ayesha here:
Style of the Name Ayesha:
Gender of the Name Ayesha:
Ayesha is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the Name Ayesha:
Number of Syllables in the Name Ayesha:
Emotion Evoked from the Name Ayesha:
The name Ayesha evokes feelings of exuberance and love.
Alternative Spellings for the Name Ayesha:
Popularity of the Name Ayesha:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Ayesha was the 997th most popular baby name for girls in 1982 and the 975th most popular baby name for girls in 1979. It has not been on the top 1,000 names list at any point in the 21st century.
Related names for the name Ayesha:
Great middle names for Ayesha and their meanings:
- Aziza (powerful, respected, beloved, precious)
- Bahira (brilliant, dazzling, sparkling)
- Cherish (treasure, prize, honor)
- Erica (eternal ruler)
- Karima (generous, noble, kind)
- Lucine (light, moon)
- Malika (queen)
- Numa (law, custom, delightful, pleasant)
- Saleema (safe, sound, intact)
- Tamar (date palm tree)
- Valerie (strong, brave, valorous)
- Zuma (abundance, peace)
Famous people with the name Ayesha:
- Ayesha Harruna Attah (novelist)
- Ayesha Takia Azmi (actress)
- Ayesha Disa Curry (wife of basketball player Stephen Curry)
- Ayesha Dutt (model)
- Ayesha Kamil Faines (journalist)
- Ayesha Jalal (sociologist)
- Ayesha Omer (actress)
- Ayesha Siddiqa (political scientist)
- Ayesha Lalita Shand (niece of Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall)
- Ayesha E'ismat Taymur (poet)
Ayesha in popular culture:
- Ayesha (central character in She: A History of Adventure by H. Rider Haggard)
- Ayesha Ansari (character in Sims 3)
- Ayesha Artugle (titular protagonist of Atelier Ayesha)
- Ayesha Kismet (Marvel Comics heroine)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Svitlana S/Shutterstock.com.