Brynn is the modern feminine variant of the Welsh name Bryn, but it has become wildly more popular than the traditional version of the name. Meaning “hill”, the name Brynn promises that no hill is too hard to climb if you try hard enough.
Meaning of the name Brynn:
Welsh: hill, mound
Origin of the name Brynn:
Brynn is a Welsh name. It derives from the Welsh surname Bryn. Brynn is the feminine spelling of the name.
Symbolism of the name Brynn:
Brynn means “hill” and so is associated with the natural world. Wales’ countryside is lush and green and vibrant, lending those feelings to this name.
Style of the name Brynn:
Gender of the name Brynn:
Brynn is more commonly used as a girl’s baby name while the variant spelling Bryn is more commonly used for boys.
Pronunciation of the name Brynn:
Number of syllables in the name Brynn:
Emotion evoked from the name Brynn:
Brynn evokes feelings of strength and youthful enthusiasm.
Alternative spellings for the name Brynn:
Nicknames for the name Brynn:
Popularity of the name Brynn:
According to the Social Security Administration, the baby name Brynn has been in common use since 1980. While popular, it has never ranked in the top 200 names. It reached its peak in 2014.
Related names for the name Brynn:
Great middle names for the name Brynn and their meanings:
- Aderyn (bird)
- Elain (fawn)
- Sofia (wisdom)
- Delilah (delicate)
- Savannah (large grassy plain)
- Daisy (the white flower)
- Amara (grace)
- Arabella (invokable, yielding to prayer)
- Ciara (black)
- Talia (near water)
- Lita (little)
Famous people with the name Brynn:
- Brynn Carman (American figure skater)
- Brynn Cartelli (American singer)
- Brynn Zalina Lovett (Malaysian dancer)
- Brynn Rumfallo (American dancer)
- Brynn Gersmehl (American Christian musician)
- Brynn Thayer (American actress)
Brynns in popular culture:
- Brynn (film, “Playing With Fire”)
- Brynn (video games, “Brawlhalla”)
- Bryn Breitbart (television, “Jessie”)
- Bryn (television, “Home Fires”)