Elowen is a modern baby girl’s name that means “elm tree”. Although Elowen has a vintage sound, it is a modern name from Cornwall. For fans of the works of J. R. R. Tolkien, Elowen has a bonus meaning in Elvish, “star lady”.
Meaning of the name Elowen:
Cornish: elm tree
Origin of the name Elowen:
Elowen is a baby girl’s name of Cornish origin that means “elm tree”.
Symbolism of the name Elowen:
Elowen means “elm tree”. The elm tree is a stately tree that symbolizes new beginnings and for this reason, they are often planted on college campuses. Elm trees also symbolize intuition and inner strength.
Style of the name Elowen:
Gender of the name Elowen:
Elowen is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Elowen:
Number of syllables in the name Elowen:
Emotion evoked from the name Elowen:
Elowen evokes feelings of compassion and joy.
Alternative spellings for the name Elowen:
Ellowen, Elowyn, Ehlowen, Ellowyn
Nicknames for the name Elowen:
Popularity of the name Elowen:
According to the Social Security Administration, Elowen is an uncommon baby girl’s name. Elowen has never appeared in the top 1000 baby names list.
Related names for the name Elowen:
Great middle names for the name Elowen and their meanings:
- Winter (the season)
- Maeve (she who intoxicates)
- Lucy (light)
- Jane (God is gracious)
- Althea (with healing power)
- Abigail (my father is joyful)
- Cassandra (shining or excelling man)
- Meredith (great ruler)
- Honora (woman of honor)
- Nessa (headlands, promontory)
- Meliora (better, honey)
- Penrose (top of the heath)
- Ysella (modest)
- Kerensa (love)
- Demelza (fort on the hill)
Famous people with the name Elowen:
Elowen in popular culture:
- Elowennovel, “Baltimore, or The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire” by Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden)
- Elowen (literature, “Elowen and the Bramble Bush”)
- Lake Elowin (place in California)
- Elowen (literature, Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien)